Senior Engineering Consultant - Software Development ( 604017-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join Salesforce Data integration (SFDI) team. We provide real-time API integration support for VBG Wireless and Wireline salesforce instances with in Salesforce CoE. SFDI team provide middleware that helps to integrate Salesforce with Verizon internal systems.
- Understand existing SFDI ecosystem, implement features, functions, and enhancements.
- Conduct requirement gathering, task break down, estimation, coding, writing unit tests, and release production.
- Follow and improve processes including code review.
- Write reusable code and libraries and optimize existing code for better performance.
- Develop/code key software components of products.
- Request new AWS servers as necessary.
- Create architectural diagrams and any necessary supporting documents.
- Go through the security review and implementation processes.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery exercises.
- Collaborate with other engineers to write testable, reliable code, continuously deploying to production systems.
- Build, unit test and deliver features/components while working with the product and design team.
- Keep key stakeholders informed about progress and problems; avoid surprises.
- Work with system engineers to create system/network designs and architecture.
- Work closely with QA to call out impacted regression areas early.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure best in class of code quality.
- Initiate Security Reviews for services.
- Configure and run 42Crunch and DAST Scans.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Java/J2EE, Microservices, APIGEE.
- Experience with agile software development.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
- Working proficiency in development toolsets.
- The ability to analyze and fix Black Duck, Fortify issues.
- The ability to analyze and fix production tickets.
- The ability to gather requirements and provide solutions independently.
- Knowledge of Database (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL), Linux/Unix, NOSQL DB (e.g., MongoDB), caching mechanism, Load Balancing.
- Knowledge of Restful API.
- Familiarity with developing and deploying services in AWS.
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Design, Agile Scrum, Test Driven Development, DevOps.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.