Business Intelligence Consultant ( 603717-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for a strong BI candidate who contributes strategically to the development of national and regional marketing campaigns, both standalone and within a journey framework. You’ll leverage your high-level thinking to align solutions to strategy. You’ll ensure that analytics drive continuous business improvements, bringing more profitable growth and an even better customer experience. You’ll serve as the primary lead for generating sales plays and guiding business strategy, tracking results, and providing feedback on recommendations to improve program results and utilizing machine learning models. This is a hybrid data science role that will own and execute campaigns, implement the recommend solution, and present to the executives on the results of effort to directly influence proposed changes.
- Represent Marketing Sciences in cross-functional team initiatives and new product launches.
- Generate a list of outbound customer communication using advanced SQL for Fixed Wireless Access Productions. Automate the campaign generation and lead delivery process for Fixed Wireless Access products.
- Develop product-specific sales plays to guide business strategy for growth. Segment customer and prospect base into actionable pockets of opportunities.
- Lead the ingestion, integration, and processing of data from various data providers, sales, and IT to consolidate data into one system. Represent the unified data using Tableau dashboard.
- Form initiatives to create python data pipelines for real-time feeds to enhance models and explore new sources of data such as location data, web search data and historical sales data to enhance the models.
- Communicate to leadership on active data science findings, efforts, actions, and results. Translate business requirements and working with IT to build datasets required for analysis.
- Drive the adoption of analytics in decision making for Sales Team. Develop data products that can be used by end users to make quick informative decisions.
Where you’ll be working:
- In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You are a master at analyzing big data. You thrive in an environment where enormous volumes of data are generated at rapid speed. You’re a creative thinker who likes to explore, and uncover the issues. You are decisive. You are great at influencing up, down, and across groups, and you take satisfaction in mentoring others. Communicating what you’ve uncovered in a way that can be easily understood by others is one of your strengths.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Tableau or dashboard building.
- Experience with and knowledge of relational databases (e.g., Oracle, MS SQL, generic SQL, Teradata).
- Experience with Python and R using open source libraries.
- Knowledge of distributed data systems (Hadoop/Hive/PySpark).
- Experience with building Machine Learning Models and deploying to production.
- Experience with building advanced SQL queries for audience targeting.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering, computer science, or economics.
- Experience in applying statistical ideas and methods to data sets to answer business problems.
- Experience tackling loosely defined problems.
- Experience explaining complex topics in simple terms.
- Experience with optimization, analytics and large data sets, project management, developing visually compelling interactive dashboards.
- Knowledge of data warehouse and data lake technology (Teradata, Hadoop).
- Knowledge of third party analytic tools.
- Experience analyzing retention, loyalty and revenue for subscription based services.
- Experience with general purpose programming languages (e.g., Java, .Net, Python, Perl).
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.