Business Process Consultant - Claim Digital Strategy - Telecommute (111023472)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Be part of this enterprise-wide claims transformation journey!!! The Strategic Claims Capability vision is to reimagine and simplify the end-to-end claim experience by providing a nimble and frictionless claim capability for all constituents, driving maximum affordability. The work will be challenging and rewarding!!!
This is a transformational role and will require skill with managing change both internally and externally. This position works to define and develop the claims strategy for the commercial / Employer & Individual segment but will work closely with other segments. This position will be pivotal in transforming the claims experience for our provider, member, and internal constituents.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Strategic roadmap: Understand the business vision, support definition of strategies, goals, year-over-year planning and strategic capabilities. This position will focus initially on identifying opportunities related to digital opportunities along the end-to-end Claim process
- Create detailed business strategies in collaboration with Claim digital lead, business and architecture/IT partners aligning to enterprise solutions
- Maps current and future processes, analyzing gaps and designing implementation changes required to move from current to future state
- Work with key stakeholders (SMEs) to set the vision for assigned projects, with an eye for engaging target audience and driving action/results
- Supports Claim digital lead in building business cases, summary communication materials and socializing proposed change with broad range of business colleagues
- Enterprise SME support: Develop expertise in claim digital infrastructure, capabilities and supporting data needs
- Supports the stand up of cross-functional teams to support execution of transformational, multi-year enterprise-wide initiatives, using relationship-building and collaboration skills
- Report out to program stakeholders continued progress against roadmap impact (financial and other benefits) and scope of roadmap
- Maintain solid relationships with all claim teams, shared services and business partners to promote integration and alignment while driving strategic delivery
- Risk / issue management: Drive appropriate levels of risk management and identify opportunities to remove barriers to success
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience in business operations, including experience in strategy development and planning, project management and transformational and change management practices in communications and change management, and experience in project management
- 3+ years of matrixed leadership experience with matrixed cross functional / cross segment teams experience / cross discipline
- 2+ years of program management experience or managing through significant change initiatives with vision, roadmap, plan
- Demonstrated experience building effective relationships with a variety of individuals
- Intermediate or above proficiency with PowerPoint
- Intermediate or above proficiency with Excel
- Undergraduate degree
- 1+ years UX design experience with engaging portfolio/body of work
- Experience participating in user research and concept testing
- Health care experience and/or Health care claims experience
- Experience with wireframes, flow diagrams, sketches, storyboards, mockups and/or high-fidelity prototypes to communicate the current or future user experience
- Knowledge of UX-related analytics
- Systems thinking, with proven ability to manage a high degree of complexity and facilitate cross-organization partnership
- Demonstrated enterprise insight and understanding, with an ability to see the big picture and align/integrate plans to achieve goals
- Demonstrates a growth mindset, with an appetite for ambiguity and energy to tackle the new, different and unique
- Proven task and project management skills, with an ability to define goals, align resources and deliver on time and within budget
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.