Consultant - Business Transformation
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You'll be developing analytical approaches (leveraging digital toolkits, Process Intelligence, Process Mining, Data Science, SQL) to generate key business program insights around impact and performance, with the goals of driving improvement to key performance indicators (KPIs), business profitability and enhancing internal customer experience. You will work closely with many cross-functional teams, to ensure the smooth execution, analysis and optimization of global end to end processes. Further to this, you will advocate for business opportunities, and highlight insights and impact from business programs, all while representing the Digital Quality Management Center of Excellence in a positive and professional manner.
You will have freedom to innovate on how to collect data intelligence, fact based artifacts, current state process design, and future state to help solve extremely complex problems in a Fortune 14 company.
QMS & Process Mining Operations & Administration:
- Collaborate with Quality Management team to create and maintain data visualizations for Quality Management System key performance indicators for reporting and evaluation.
- Support process mining tool administration within Verizon to ensure compliance with data governance and security processes (e.g., tool access tracking, licenses management).
- Collaborate with QM to create and maintain operation metrics to be used to report and analyze enterprise wide adoption and usage patterns of key digital tools.
- Collaborate with QM team to create, execute and monitor workflows to streamline and improve Digital Quality Management System CoE processes.
- Create, support, and maintain information sharing pages in Confluence.
Support Process Mining Development:
- Collaborate with Process SMEs to understand as-is and future state designs, Data Science teams to build Process Science solutions, and other Business Stakeholders to design these solutions.
- Foster objective analytical business judgment, market understanding, problem solving, and fact-based analysis to identify, prioritize, structure, and solve complex business problems.
- Analyze, recommend, and implement enhancements to existing work methods, flows, and processes to optimize profitability and improve customer experience.
- Connect to data sources, importing and transforming data for Business Intelligence.
- Use the expertise in advanced level calculations on the data set.
- Responsible for design methodology and project documentation.
- Process confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Manage and design the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Provide technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Help customers drive significant business outcomes and ROI by leveraging the insights uncovered through Process Mining Software.
- Design process and customer-specific dashboards, analyses and reports.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Industrial Engineering, or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with data analytics and data visualization via Excel/Google Sheets, Qlik dashboards.
- Experience with development in Confluence and html
- Experience in Qlik (Looker, or similar), SQL, Python, and R.
- Knowledge on Process Modeling, Data Mining/Process Mining.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent practical experience).
- Strong understanding of visual design for analytics.
- Ability to translate business challenges to data insights.
- Experience in customer success and consulting.
- Good communication skills and excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong analytical skills, especially in applying technology solutions to core business problems.
- Familiarity with BPMN 2.0, APQC and Quality Management System (QMS).
- Strong communication skills.
- The ability to explain solutions in person and in writing.
- Experience in business transformation initiatives.
- Experience with process mining software (or similar) including process analysis, business transformation and data-driven business process management.
- Financial acumen (e.g., cost-benefit analysis/CBA building, tracking and measuring initiatives).
- ETL, data visualization experience.
- Knowledge of integration of other enterprise systems (e.g., SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Salesforce).
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.