Proposal Development Consultant - Telecommute (112220527)
Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Proposal Content and Outreach Manager is responsible for the development and maintenance of accurate and quality standard proposal content. The Proposal Content and Outreach Manager works with internal subject matter experts (SMEs) to obtain current and strategic information about company products and services and translate that information into accurate, strategic proposal responses. The Content Manager maintains this information in a proposal database according to an established process and review schedule, and on an ad hoc basis as needed. The Content Manager also contributes to projects that support team or department initiatives.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Research current and strategic responses for proposals through internal SME engagement
- Write, proofread, edit and maintain current, accurate assigned proposal content in the proposal database
- Participate in cloud-based proposal database management maintenance and growth guided by established processes, procedures and best practices
- Grow and maintain a working knowledge of the OptumRx organization, the PBM industry and common proposal topics assigned to you to proactively support the quality and accuracy of standard proposal content and proposal responses
- Maintain relationships with key SMEs and other business partners throughout the organization to best support a positive, reciprocal working environment
- Professionally and regularly interface with SMEs and partners at every level of the organization
- Collaborate with UnitedHealth Group service units and sister companies to assure messaging integrity
- Act as an involved team member, contributing meaningful suggestions toward team growth, engagement and process enhancements
- Actively contribute to the team’s success by fully engaging in assigned roles as part of group projects or overall department initiatives
- Remain flexible to organizational needs and participate in special projects
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of proposal-related experience, preferably in the PBM or healthcare arena
- 5+ years of strategic project management experience, including workflow and timeline management, with a strong focus on multiple projects
- Proven strategic project management experience
- Track record of successful workflow and timeline management
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and proposal management tools
- Experience working in RFPIO
- Solid written and oral communication skills supported by strategic, critical thinking and an attention to detail
- Solid technical and persuasive writing skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.