Business Development Consultant Big Data
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Fueled by the Verizon 5G future, the New Business Incubation team is anchored in Verizon’s Corporate Strategy organization with a mission to: Scale new software automation businesses fueled by the power of the 5G future. This unique charter, paired with the strength of Verizon’s best-in-class network, broad customer base and massive technological capabilities, puts the New Business Incubation team at the forefront of innovation as we embark on the 5G future.
Comprised of passionate and forward-thinking leaders, the New Business Incubation team includes ecosystem builders and industry experts in location technology, robotics, digital twins, fleet management, energy transformation, industrial IoT and other emergent technologies. With a belief that the autonomous future sits at the intersection of intelligent networking, devices and software, the team is working to shepherd customers through their digitization journeys to enable the connection, management and operation of physical and digital elements needed for the Industry 4.0 future. The combination of these technologies will transform Industry to deliver new levels of efficiency, intelligence and business outcomes in productivity, experiences and safety.
As Business Development Consultant, you will support all strategy driven by the head of the new sensor business in Verizon’s New Business Incubation unit. You will be supporting the new business, product, and technical capability inside NBI, which will leverage Verizon’s 5G network and Intelligent Edge Network (Mobile Edge Compute) to power orchestration for the autonomous future indoors and outdoors including support for robotic sensor arrays, fixed and mobile IoT both indoors and outdoors. Integral to this position is a working knowledge of the five V’s of big data and understanding how they impact clients.This position plays a vital role in assisting with establishing, qualifying, and supporting all sales opportunities for the new business unit and also creating new solutions leveraging Verizon’s 5G network and MEC architecture.
- Support to Build and scale NBI’s Sensor Fusion team to deliver transformational revenue growth and product leadership.
- Establish and execute the strategy for NBI’s sensor fusion capabilities including harnessing the potential of big data within business opportunities across the diverse technology businesses already in place and the new ones to come.
- Align the diverse sensor ingestion and processing approaches with big data set of technologies to design smarter solutions enabling Industry 4.0 capabilities.
- Facilitate communication across appropriate client departments that fosters enabling big data to enhance business making decisions via the NBI suite of solutions.
- Participate in the opportunity discovery process to identify and document business and technical requirements during the prospect qualification phase of the product suite sales cycle.
- Assist in the post-sale transition from sales to the professional services team.
Drive partner and direct opportunities to generate revenue for internal and external partners.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Cloud vs. On-Premise deployment.
- Experience with Video Management Software, Video Analytics and Sensors.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Experience identifying, documenting and articulating the business and technical requirements of a prospective customer during the full sales cycle – qualification, proposal, post-sale transition.
- Experience communicating software ability to address prospect’s requirements through compelling presentation (written, oral and product demonstrations) of the applications.
- Experience with Databases.
- Experience with Application integration.
- Experience in Networking.
- Experience public speaking.
- Subject Matter Expert in the following industries: Manufacturing, Transportation, Distribution, Retail, Energy & Utilities, Hospitality and Healthcare.
- Knowledge of underlying sensor components such as data ingestion, camera technology, AI, ML, DL, and big data.
- Experience promoting technology innovation with leaders at large tech companies.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.