Business Intelligence Consultant ( 607005-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Business Intelligence Consultant, you will be a member of the Insights & Visualization team which provides various analyses and decision support for Finance and other teams, including C-Suite executives. This team is responsible for leading research and reporting with heightened focus on the analysis of financial and customer trends affected by changes in the highly competitive wireless market. This position requires strong business acumen, especially as it relates to drivers of financial results. Superior visualization skills expected to present complex observations and findings to management in an easy to follow style. Responsibilities in this position include:
- Creating comprehensive reporting to analyze VZW Revenue, Products & Services, Promotion, Pricing and Customer Behavior for decision support.
- Interpret business requirements and translate them into SQL.
- Preparing concise, comprehensive, and level-appropriate reports and presentations in a visualization tool (e.g., Tableau, Qlik, Thoughtspot).
- Building automated visual reports which provide insights by looking at trends over time or anomalies by geography, channel etc.
- Developing self-serve interfaces (user maintained tables, datasets) to make data appropriate to a variety of user groups.
- Leveraging data visualization toolsets to provide single source data availability to multiple user communities.
- Continuing to identify opportunities to enhance descriptive reporting with predictive and prescriptive insights.
- Automate manual ad hoc reporting where appropriate.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in developing visualization and self-serve analytical tools including Qlik, Thoughtspot, Plotly (Dash) that adhere to industry design standards.
- Experience handling large volumes of data across multiple platforms including traditional (Teradata, Oracle) and Cloud Based (Google Cloud, AWS) for scalable and efficient BI solutions.
- Experience with programming in SQL and one of R/Python.
- Experience with design and implementation of ETL framework for complex data platforms using at least two of Talend, Informatica, Knime, Alteryx.
Even better if you have:
- Master's degree.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research or other Quantitative Fields
- Strong application of Inferential Statistical Techniques including Hypothesis (Chi-square, Z-Test, ANOVA) and Regression (Linear, Logistic, Ordinal) analysis to deliver robust and meaningful business insights to Business.
- Ability to learn quickly and identify critical paths to solve complex issues.
- Highly motivated, self-starter.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Build E2E scalable mid to large size business intelligence (BI) solutions (data sets, queries, reports, dashboards, analyses – or components of larger solutions to answer business questions with data).
- Experience working independently under tight time constraints and delivering accurate results.
- The flexibility to work extended hours on critical projects as needed.
- Advanced knowledge in Data Visualization Applications and Data Science tools.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.