Unified Communications Business Consultant
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Global Professional Services (PS) organization provides consulting, design, implementation, and management to Verizon’s Enterprise, Medium Business, and Government customers. The Business Consulting Associate (BCA) is a self-driven individual who may be aligned to a particular vertical market or cross-vertical, and is responsible for driving Advanced Communication Collaboration and Customer Experience Solutions and PS revenue. The BCA is responsible for establishing strong and mutually beneficial business partner relationships with key stakeholders among Verizon customers. Their overarching objective is to gain strategic insight into the clients’ business operation to identify the potential for Verizon solutions to identified business requirements that will result in increased revenue generation.
- Drive strategic revenue by working with customers on transformational business activities.
- Evaluate a customer’s business drivers for alignment with technical solution sets from Verizon solution pillars.
- Review and analyze current technology infrastructure and its ability to support strategic corporate objectives.
- Translate customer business issues/opportunities into technical solution/business requirements.
- Support development of business drivers, business case and high level program implementation plan.
- Consult with client business units to gain understanding of business requirements and value to the organization.
- Map conceptual designs, transition plans, and technology to address business unit requirements.
- Support customer and Verizon cross-functional teams through the sales, implementation, and support lifecycles.
- Partner with cross-functional PS teams to develop integrated end-to-end solutions for customer.
- Provide support to bid management organization to build out detailed RFP responses and contract development.
- Position PS as a key differentiator to assist in the customer’s transformation efforts.
- Contribute to Sales Team development of Strategic Account Plans for premier customers.
- Communicate highly technical solutions to non-technical audiences.
- Participate in/lead strategic business presentations (e.g. Executive Briefing Centers) to premier clients
- Follow established processes to facilitate PS resell of strategic vendor services.
- Provide feedback to PS leadership with market trends, competitive intelligence, and win/loss outcomes based on customer interactions.
- Align with PS leadership in the Advanced Communications & Collaboration workspace for in-depth knowledge of capabilities in order to position with customers and develop opportunities.
- Engage early in the sales cycle, ensuring that due diligence has been performed and a proper design has been developed prior to level of effort evaluations by PS stakeholders.
- Seek customer engagements where PS can expand its portfolio by developing services or partnering with a third party vendor.
Where you'll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science related discipline or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in the following:
- A customer- facing Pre- and Post-Sale technical consulting technical role (i.e. Solutions Architect, Portfolio Partner) assessing and advising the clients of their current and future needs.
- Consulting for large scale complex, multi-departmental solutions.
- Demonstrated and verifiable track record of prior successful customer engagements. (Examples of solution designs, statements of work and/or technical project plans to be provided).
- Architecture to include conceptualization, definition, development and implementation of solutions with accountability for end to end delivery.
- Working knowledge of Unified Communications or Contact Center Solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to deliver customer presentations aimed at aligning technical solutions with business value.
- Experience preparing customer-facing material.
- Willingness to travel – 25%.
- Experience in sales or project delivery in Fortune 500 companies.
- Leading industry certifications at least one or more of the following technology areas…
- Networking: Cisco, Juniper, Ribbon, AudioCodes.
- Unified Communication: Avaya, Polycom, Cisco, Microsoft…
- Contact Center: Genesys, Five9, Nice, Nuance, Aspect…
- Ability to identify problems, analyze them and provide potential solutions.
- Ability to manage workload across multiple initiatives.
- Strong leadership, negotiation, conflict resolution and consensus-building skills with business and technical groups.
- Experience with the development of statements of work.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.