Sr. Consultant, Talent & Organizational Development - Leadership Development
Sr. Consultant, Talent & Organizational Development - Leadership Development (Job Number: 2216009 )
In Penske Talent Development, it is our mission to create the experiences and resources for our colleagues to transform as human beings. In doing so, we grow the organization’s capacity to serve our communities while being a positive force for good in the world.
The Senior Consultant, Leadership Development (remote with travel) is responsible for managing the execution of a portfolio of leadership development initiatives and solutions for leaders across the enterprise. This role will focus primarily on the growth and development of leaders who lead a collaborative team of leaders to achieve results. This role is responsible for needs assessments and the subsequent design, development, and facilitation of leadership development programs and other customized solutions that align with our mission and meet the needs of the business.
The role offers the opportunity to manage development initiatives at scale across the enterprise and requires close collaboration with leadership and human resources partners. The ideal candidate will be passionate and experienced in learning design and evaluation, adult development, and facilitation.
The Senior Consultant will report to the Senior Manager, Leadership Development. This position can be remote with 25% travel to our location. Penske’s corporate offices are located in Reading, PA, 75 miles northwest of Philadelphia. Candidates who are within a commutable distance are preferred. All candidates must be able to establish and maintain a presence at the corporate campus to advance initiatives with senior leaders and lead positive relations with team members.
In partnership with the Senior Manager, Leadership Development and appropriate stakeholders:
- Design, develop, facilitate, and evaluate advanced leadership development programs and initiatives that link business strategies to individual and organization performance.
- Use master facilitation skills and techniques to meet participants where they are and provide a holistic development experience that leads them toward their growing edge.
- Conduct necessary needs assessments to determine organizational learning and capability requirements.
- Responsible for engaging and managing critical stakeholder relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree in related area of study (i.e., OD, HR, I/O Psychology) or equivalent experience required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 2 years of leadership development program facilitation (virtual and in-person) experience required
- Excellent communication and project and program management skills required
- Professional certifications and qualifications within Leadership Development preferred
- Must have deep subject matter expertise in program design & facilitation
- Strong professional presence and interpersonal skills; quickly garners credibility with senior executives as well as associates at all levels of the organization
- Self-directed, problem-solver who works well in ambiguous and complex organization processes and systems
- Must have knowledge of group dynamics
- Sincere hunger and curiosity for continuous learning and development
- Deep personal humility and strong professional will
- Candidate must consistently demonstrate successful Performance against Penske’s leadership behaviors at the level of leadership for which they seek candidacy
-Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Suite of products and learning technologies.
-Safeguards integrity and confidentiality of organizational and associate data and information to the highest standards
-Respects and ensures intellectual property rights and privileges are consistently safeguarded
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
In Talent Development, we:
- Take a systems perspective – Everything is connected!
- Honor the wholeness of the human experience – Find the poetry in everyone
- Develop ourselves – No one can be a Sherpa on a path they haven’t walked
- Stay connected to meaning and purpose. The Why provides the fuel and direction for the What & How
- Stay curious and humble – The answers become obsolete. Fall in love with the questions!
- Explore multiple perspectives – Reality is constructed, another perspective may be more useful
- Be easy to do business with – Everyone is busy, it’s up to us to figure out how to make things easier
- Stay in condition to make a difference everyday – Take care of ourselves and each other!
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :100 Kachel Boulevard 100 Kachel Boulevard
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Human Resources
Req ID: 2216009