Business Development Consultant
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As Business Development Consultant, you will support all strategy driven by the head of the new sensor business in Verizon’s New Business Incubation unit. You will be supporting the new business, product, and technical capability inside NBI, which will leverage Verizon’s 5G network and Intelligent Edge Network (Mobile Edge Compute) to power orchestration for the autonomous future indoors and outdoors including support for robotic sensor arrays, fixed and mobile IoT both indoors and outdoors. This position plays a role in assisting with establishing, qualifying, and supporting all sales opportunities for the new business unit and also creating new solutions leveraging Verizon’s 5G network and MEC architecture.
- Supporting to build and scale NBI’s Sensor Fusion team to deliver revenue growth and product leadership.
- Establishing and executing the strategy for NBI’s sensor fusion capabilities including harnessing the potential of data within business opportunities.
- Aligning the diverse sensor ingestion and processing approaches with data set of technologies to design solutions.
- Facilitating communication across appropriate client departments.
- Driving partner and direct opportunities to generate revenue for internal and external partners.
- Participating in the opportunity discovery process to identify and document business and technical requirements during the prospect qualification phase of the product suite sales cycle.
- Assisting in the post-sale transition from sales to the professional services team.
Where you’ll be working…
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Cloud vs. On-Premise deployment.
- Experience with Video Management Software, Video Analytics and Sensors.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 50% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in Databases.
- Experience in Application integration.
- Knowledge of Networking.
- Experience in public speaking.
- Experience in Manufacturing, Transportation, Distribution, Retail, Energy & Utilities, Hospitality and Healthcare Industries.
- Knowledge of data ingestion, camera technology, AI, ML, DL, and big data.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.