Tax Consultant, Business Tax Services - Investment Management (23235)
- Performing detail-level reviews of tax research, partnership work papers, allocations, and tax filings
- Preparing for client meetings on compliance and advisory projects related to tax planning opportunities, and the tax implications of various transactions to the organization.
As the global leader in providing professional services to the Investment Management industry, Deloitte Tax LLP works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by regulatory changes, competition, globalization, advances in technology, and the changing demands of their investors/customers. Our US tax industry group is comprised of more than 1,400 partners, principals, and employees providing a spectrum of tax services to a broad range of Investment Management companies. Our financial services clients include investment advisers and administrators from every sector of the industry, including hedge funds, private equity, investment partnerships, alternative products, family offices, mutual funds, broker-dealers, banks, insurance companies, and other investment managers.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business-related field
- 1+ years' experience providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work papers and income tax returns
- 1+ years' experience with investment management or partnership taxation
- Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- One of the following accreditations obtained, or in process, or must be able/willing to obtain: Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office, Licensed attorney, Enrolled Agent
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Previous Big 4 experience
- Knowledge of fund accounting and general ledger accounting
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills