Senior Consultant, Core Business Operations, Systems Engineering (24034)
- 80% Travel required nationally.
- Telecommuting permitted.
Bachelors degree or foreign equivalent degree in Business Administration, any STEM field or a related field. Two years of related work experience in the job offered or in a related occupation. Must have two years of experience with:
- Driving software development and implementation services to help companies unlock the value of big technology investments, ranging from requirements to architecture, design to development, and testing to deployment as discrete services or comprehensive solutions, using Agile software development methodology and experience in supporting tools including Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, and JIRA;
- Leading the evaluation of technology needs, developing customized applications and drafting technical and functional design documentation, using experience in US Health Plans Enrollment and Eligibility, Claims Processing and Payment;
- Performing assessments of existing information systems, and identifying gaps between business requirements and current system capabilities, by determining functional specifications, running reports, building dynamic Structured Query Language (SQL) queries and developing functional requirements;
- Defining delivery time estimations and uncertainties using PERT (Project Evaluation and Review Technique);
- Defining systems strategy, developing system requirements, designing, prototyping, and testing custom technology solutions, and supporting system implementation, utilizing Object Oriented Programming Concepts, Data structures and Algorithm techniques, Dynamic SQL Queries and Data Manipulation Language (DML) techniques;
- Utilizing Legacy system skills including Microsoft COBOL, JCL (Job Control Language), DB2, IMS DB (Information Management System database), CICS (Customer Information Control System), DFSORT, and ICETOOL to meet functional needs and translate requirements into viable technical solutions;
- Utilizing System Architecture diagrams and high-level design (HLD) documents to convert business requirements into development models;
- Delivering and deploying custom developed applications for clients, including prototyping, code development, modularization, unit testing, configuration and defect management, production deployment and release management processes; and
- Performing software development in Agile methodology driven development environments and defining test strategy and test plan and designing and maintaining coding standards to enhance application development.
- 80% travel required nationally.
- Telecommuting permitted.
How You'll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.