Tax Consultant II - Business Tax Services - Federal/Corporate Tax (14344)
- Preparing partnership, corporate, and individual federal income tax returns and all related workpapers.
- Coordinating with the client's tax and finance departments to gather data for tax return preparation.
- Preparing income tax provisions in accordance with ASC740, as well as supporting the Deloitte audit team on tax provision reviews.
- Assisting with strategic tax planning including researching federal tax law and drafting technical memos.
- Assisting with IRS audit defense including preparation of IDR responses and drafting issue responses as well as more formal appeals.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Business Tax Services team is a dynamic team with professionals of varying backgrounds and provides expertise to clients to gain a competitive advantage by integrating tax strategy into their business operations while working within the confines of their individual risk profiles. Business Tax subject matter experts and industry specialists provide services and solutions relevant to our client's business. Our team will assist with global tax challenges and transform the tax department to create greater impact and efficiency within our client's organization. Our spectrum of business tax services is relevant for public and private companies and range from tax planning to tax compliance, controversy and risk management, specialized services including research and development, government incentives, and tax management consulting. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte Business Tax Services .
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- 1+ years' experience in federal taxation
- Preparation experience of federal tax returns for corporations, partnerships, and individuals
- One of the following Accreditations obtained, or in process, or must be able/willing to obtain:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled agent
- Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
- Experience working in a virtual and/or global environment
- Passion for leveraging technology and exploring new technology solutions
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
- Understanding of accounting for income tax provisions in accordance with ASC740
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills