Are you a strategic thinker with some knowledge across multiple areas of taxation? Do you excel at delivering compliance and consulting services to individual clients and their trusts, estates, investment vehicles, charitable pursuits, and closely-held business concerns, while providing solutions to complex tax issues? Do you not only know what AGI & DNI are but actually get excited about them? If you answered "Yes!" to these questions, we need to talk about a career with Deloitte's growing Private Wealth practice!
What you'll do
As a Tax Consultant in our Private Wealth Tax practice, you will prepare and review individual, fiduciary, partnership, closely-held corporations, private foundations, estate, and gift work papers and tax returns, as well as prepare materials and research for consulting projects related to tax planning opportunities. In addition, you will begin supervising new tax consultants and attend required Deloitte Tax LLP and Private Wealth specialty group training.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Private Wealth team focuses on the specialized needs of the ultra-affluent, including families with multigenerational wealth, entrepreneurs, and closely-held business owners. We provide comprehensive, independent, and objective wealth planning advice, and help clients make more informed, strategic decisions relevant to their personal financial comfort, business and investment needs, family legacy, and charitable giving during their lifetime and through estate planning. Learn more about Deloitte Private Wealth Tax Services.
- 1+ years' experience providing individual, fiduciary, closely-held investment and business entity, and private foundation tax planning and tax compliance services
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification (or in the process of obtaining)
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or other business-related field
- Travel up to 10% (While 10% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, JD, or LLM
- Prior Big 4 experience
- Experience reviewing trust documents
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment