Learning Design and Development Consultant
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in training, transformation and technology? A solutions builder who wants to work in a collaborative environment with a strong company culture, without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our innovative and forward-thinking US Delivery Center (USDC).
At Deloitte's US Delivery Center (USDC) we help clients achieve a higher level of service in operational efficiency and business value. The USDC leverages scale, talent, and a center delivery model to provide high quality, cost-effective service with standardized processes and procedures. Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Our delivery centers are based in Mechanicsburg, PA, Lake Mary, FL and Gilbert, AZ.
Interested? Learn more below:
Work you'll do
As a Solution Specialist in the Human Capital Workforce Transformation practice, you'll act as a strategic advisor to clients and assist them with the communications and training material design, development and delivery necessary to successfully implement and adopt new technologies or business process changes.
From our centers, we work with Deloitte consultants to design, develop and build solutions to help clients reimagine, reshape and rewire the competitive fabric of entire industries. Our centers house a multitude of specialists, ranging from systems designers, architects and integrators, to creative digital experts, to Cyber Risk and Human Capital professionals. All work together on diverse projects from advanced preconfigured solutions and methodologies, to brand-building and campaign management. We are a unique blend of skills and experiences, yet we underline the value of each individual, providing customized career paths, fostering innovation and knowledge development with a focus on quality. The US Delivery Center supports a collaborative team culture where we work and live close to home with limited travel.
• Completed Bachelor's degree in related field of study (for instance, English, communications, human resources, instructional design, education, organizational behavior or psychology, business/management)
• Minimum 2+ years of professional experience in training/instructional materials development
• Background in Adult Learning Principles, ADDIE and/or Agile development methodologies
• Proficiency using Authoring Tools (Captivate, Articulate, Camtasia, etc.); office software (PowerPoint, Word, Acrobat, etc); and/or video/audio production and editing software (Vyond, Audacity, Audition, Premier, etc.)
• Training design and development experience
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Travel up to 20% annually (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• Must live near, or relocate to, Gilbert, AZ, Mechanicsburg, PA or Lake Mary, FL.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• Ability to adapt and operate effectively in ambiguous or rapidly changing environments
• Strong visual design abilities
• Familiarity with Learning platforms (Intrepid, Blackboard, Cura, etc.) and state-of-the-art approaches to learning design using a blend of modalities and formats
• Ability and willingness to acquire U.S. Security Clearance preferred, but not required
Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.