Consultant - Business Intelligence ( 570161-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
With your analytical, big data and reporting expertise, you will deliver business value through business intelligence reporting and analytics by driving insights to actions. One way you will accomplish this is by developing analytical views of data utilizing various BI tools such as Looker, Thoughtspot, Qlik, and proprietary web-based applications. You’ll also connect various data locations to stage data before visualizations. The business insights and recommendations you provide will help to improve performance.
- Strategizing, coordinating, detailing, resource planning and defining scope on multiple projects with evolving timelines in various stages of completing.
- Leading collaboration with business leads and IT to execute all visual design phase from concept and requirements to final hand-off to business unit end-users.
- Conducting and ensuring user acceptance testing with IT for database and applications prior to production release to include software testing, quality assurance, and solution certification and approval.
- Establishing and promoting our brand standards and best practices and across business units and IT.
- Detailing and demonstrating solutions by developing wireframes, production documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, and models.
- Reviewing existing visualizations to assess existing opportunities for improvement within the business and to drive an outstanding User Interface solution.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, information systems, analytics/business intelligence, engineering, mathematics, statistics, other related field or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with SQL and Data Modelling.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Alteryx experience.
- Experience investigating and solving complex technical problems and data discrepancies.
- Worked with Business Intelligence systems to provide diagnostic self-serve information to clients and business units.
- Program management experience.
- Ability to develop solutions that align tactical solutions with strategic goals.
- Ability to lead and facilitate multi-functional teams of managers and directors to gain consensus and execute to deliver results.
- Ability to define the future state, as well as identifying the steps to get there.
- Proven experience in process and requirements documentation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.