Consultant Business Intelligence ( 580767-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Senior Analyst will report to the Product Analytics Leader and will work closely with other key stakeholders in and around the Product Management team to support decisions with data. The role is a key point person for the function, and it requires good interpretation of large datasets and being able to translate business requests into digestible outputs that drive the business forward. This role is highly visible with leadership and supports strategic goals through data driven decisions and measuring business progress.
- Analyzing performance through qualitative and quantitative analysis in order to generate data-driven insights by distilling and combining complex, disparate data sources.
- Managing, designing, and developing effective and useful programs for Portfolio delivery metrics, ensuring clear communication regarding priorities, progress, schedule and assessment of risks and issues.
- Managing the strategy of external research and marketing studies for the Portfolio.
- Conducting targeted, project-based research and analysis across product performance and business operations to inform internal operations, strategy, and data-driven decision-making.
- Reviewing historical performance, identifying opportunities, delivering insights, and assessing the impact of strategic initiatives.
- Contributing to executive presentations including building from scratch, adapting existing formats, clarifying requirements, updating and providing feedback.
- Providing ongoing insight into trends & dynamics within our market as well as adjacent markets.
- Partnering with other stakeholders to drive data driven change in the business.
- Helping to define and drive the analytics strategy and modeling approaches.
- Driving the adoption of analytics in decision making through user-friendly methods.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics or related field or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of experience in an analyst, research, business intelligence or related role.
- Excel experience -manipulating data, pivot tables, index match, lookups.
- Google Sheets experience- manipulating data, pivot tables, index maps, lookups.
- Tableau experience- Build dashboards and reports.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- SQL skills- being proficient in the query language working with multiple tables, sub queries.
- Experience in telematics or similar software industry.
- Professional experience in market & competitive research.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.