Military Fellowship - Business Continuity Consultant ( 581654-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This opportunity is for Military personnel who are current participants of the Department of Defense SkillBridge Program or are participants of the Hiring Our Heroes Corporate Fellowship Program Cohort 1-2022
This position will be responsible to assist with the project management, coordination, implementation, and execution of Corporate Finance (CF) Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Contingency, and emergency planning initiatives. The position ensures that the CF organization is in full compliance with Verizon Business Continuity Emergency Management (BCEM) program, interfacing with this organization as a CF Working Committee member. This position also interfaces directly with Corporate Finance emergency points of contacts and leadership to (a) develop business continuity strategies, (b) ensure business continuity plans for CF business teams and locations are documented, maintained, audited, and tested, (c) coordinate staffing and training requirements for labor planning assignments, (d) develop and maintain reporting, (e) coordinate crisis and event management response efforts, (f) manage all related communications.
- Ensures the completion of a Business Impact Analysis to ensure the identification of, and plan development for, critical functions and infrastructure.
- Ensures the development, maintenance, annual exercising and certification of all CF business continuity plans
- Maintenance and/or additional development of the CF disaster recovery website.
- Assist with developing and executing CF’s labor planning program.
- Timely and efficient response to, recovery and restoration of business unit processes impacted by any event that causes the activation of any plans.
- Provides policy guidance to all business unit personnel points of contacts.
- Act as the main point of contact for escalated issues and resolution presented by BCEM.
- Creation and maintenance of leadership reporting and presentations for business unit progress on BCEM initiatives.
- Assist with additional project management responsibilities as required.
- Attend and support BCEM meetings as required.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Must be a current participant of the Department of Defense SkillBridge Program or of the Hiring our Heroes Corporate Fellowship Program Cohort 1-2022
- A Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience
- Two or more years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated project management experience
Even better if you have:
- Experience in Emergency Management and Disaster Recovery
- High proficiency in Google Suite and or Microsoft Office to track and analyze data and to develop leadership presentations
- An analytical mindset with the ability to quickly assess situations, define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership, organizational and facilitation skills required; ability to work independently with little supervision
- Capable of handling confidential employee information
- Must have schedule flexibility and a willingness to work nights/weekends as needed
- Must be able to accommodate routine business travel including extended stays as needed
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.