Consultant, Business Intelligence ( 583808-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will be part of a team of individuals responsible for managing material master data in Verizon’s SAP and 1ERP platform built on SAP S/4 HANA.
- Responsible for Supervision, guidance, and distribution of duties for team consultants.
- Provide training, coaching, set objectives and assess performance for support team.
- Ensures master data integrity in key systems as well as maintaining the processes to support the data quality.
- Identifies areas for data quality improvements and helps to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
- Work closely with the business/IT to ensure alignment of master data rules and the operations of the application meet all requirements.
- Participate in designing, testing and post Go-Live support for material master data management in Verizon’s SAP and 1ERP implementations including R15D and Reverse 2.0.
- Lead material master related projects end-to-end and partner with our business & IT teams.
- In collaboration with subject matter experts and data stewards, defines and implements data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure the enterprise data is accurate and complete.
- Provides assistance in resolving data quality problems through error detection and correction, collaborating with subject matter experts (SMEs) and data stewards.
- Recommend user experience improvements and write business user stories for our IT teams.
- Troubleshoot material change requests and data replication issues independently.
- Ensure material master data attributes are properly set up in both test and production environments.
- Manage daily process of article add and update to ensure SLAs are met and all data elements are properly maintained.
- Manages and maintain Article master, Site, Customer, Vendor, Pricing and all data points required for operations and inventory with supported environments.
- Run weekly reports for data validation between SAP regions to ensure data accuracy.
- Provide user community and management with key status reports.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
- Experience in SAP.
- Functional experience in SAP MDG, FIORI Applications and Data replication to underlying ERPs via SAP IDOC (Intermediate Document) Framework.
- Experience working with external systems that interface with SAP MDG to create materials.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Finance, Business, Supply Chain Management or related fields.
- Understanding of Sales orders, Purchase orders that rely on clean material master data.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong Project management skills.
- Six or more years of experience working with SAP in the areas of master data management / supply chain / procurement.
- Close attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and multitasking with patience and grit.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office and G Suite applications.
- In depth knowledge of wireless telecommunications industry, business and service providers.
- Well organized, ability to work independently and results driven.
- Ability to work independently and lead cross functional teams.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, strategic and critical thinking skills.
- Strong data analysis, forensics, query experience with large amounts of data.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).