Director, Solutions Development - Telecommute (106853261)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Solutions team will be responsible for driving the strategic design, development, piloting, and scaling of new solutions for naviHealth. These solutions will be built through initiatives to bring new technology-enabled clinical and care management programs to market. The Director Solution Development will work across these initiatives, building in-depth expertise and processes to take initiatives from prototype to launch.
The Director, Solutions Development will be responsible for developing, executing, and optimizing processes to build new capabilities and solutions. They will lead large groups of cross-functional partners to design and execute on business requirements for new capabilities. They will also be an integral part of the Solutions team, partnering with other leaders to ensure successful testing, development, and launch of new solutions. In addition, the Director, Solutions Development will work closely with senior-level client stakeholders co-develop new solutions with our key customers.
This individual will have a combination of skills including excellence at working cross-functionally to drive innovation; partnering effectively through influence; deep understanding of naviHealth’s existing capabilities and operations; and very strong organizational skills. The Director, Solution Development will directly manage a small team of solution developers and will indirectly lead large cross-functional teams across multiple internal functions, as well as leading work with external partners and customers.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Leading the development and scaling of initiatives from prototype to launch, successfully launching new solutions into the market
- Partnering closely with initiative leads and functional leaders, translating business strategy and objectives into functional requirements and securing resources and support from functional leaders for new solution development efforts
- Developing and optimizing best-practice processes on solution development at naviHealth - codifying and institutionalizing what works, and improving and iterating on areas of opportunity
- Leading solution developers in executing on the solution development process; cultivating a team of subject matter experts on how to build new capabilities at naviHealth
- Engaging with client and/or third-party partners to ensure drive solution development on their side in support of new solution launches
- Provide a consistent of interface between functional partners (e.g. Operations, Clinical, Tech, Legal, HR, etc.) and Solutions team to ensure repeatable processes and balanced resource demands across all stakeholders
- Partner with the Strategy and Innovation group to assess level of effort and operational complexity for new business cases and buy/build decisions
- Delivering on initiative milestones, launching new products on time and within scope, and increasing throughput of new solution launches
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of experience in Product Development, Product Management, Operations, Implementations, or related functions
- Experience building and launching new capabilities through a matrixed and complex organization
- Client-facing expertise, including experience in leading projects with Health Plan or Healthcare Provider stakeholders
- Strong aptitude for execution, management of complex initiatives and projects, delivering on requirements and timelines. Strong organization skills
- Extremely collaborative; proactive; high integrity; highly reliable
- Ability to travel up to 25% when needed
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s degree/MBA
- Experience and understanding of the internal operations at naviHealth
- 3+ years of healthcare experience strongly
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a matrixed environment, leading and influencing others outside of own areas of responsibility, from front-line colleagues through senior-most executives
- Ability to flex between business strategy-oriented problem solving and objectives, into detailed operational workflow approaches and thinking
- Proven and flexible communication skills, including ability to adapt communication content and style, e.g. between strategy and finance to operations and clinicians; between front-line colleagues to C-suite leadership; and between internal partners to customer stakeholders
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.