Director of Business Development - Irving, TX (106848088)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Director of Business Development provides core support to the strategy, planning, and business development function which proactively identifies and drives projects specific to the development of the enterprise-wide strategic plan, growth plans, service line development and other areas within the organization, from analysis through implementation.
- This individual supports leadership in evaluating and bringing to implementation strategic partnerships and initiatives that further the USMD and USMD Hospital at Arlington core mission and business interests
- Assists in driving further integration across the health system, with respect to specified service lines and hospital based services
- Collaboration with hospital leaders and executive leadership to monitor and understand current performance and potential opportunities
- Leads strategic development work streams for service line programs as appropriate
- Communicates priorities and expectations, monitors progress, and provides direction and course corrections along the way
- Support the Strategic direction as it pertains to business/service line development, physician group development and new business development
- Proactively seeks to develop business and market opportunities that are presented, or enhancing existing business through established relationships with physicians or customer relations
- Assures that revenue, expenses, contribution margin and FTE's meet or exceed budget; prepares and submits budget and related reports; forecasts and accurately projects expenses; takes corrective action to address negative variances; identifies and proposes capital budget items appropriately
- Consult with other hospital leaders and facility medical staff to ensure strategic and business plan strategies are executed. Maintains awareness of the current and potential competitive forces in the marketplace and ensures that the entity has an active and continuous marketing plan that meets the overall strategic objectives for specified service lines
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field
- 5+ years of healthcare experience including knowledge of regulations, managed care, and CRM and other technology systems
- 5+ years of experience in physician and relationship development
- Experience managing a team with strong leadership skills
- Experience managing budgets
- Proven ability to lead and implement change
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Experience working within a large healthcare system
- Oncology background
- Experience in developing hospitals
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal, and communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.