Director, Business Strategy and Transformation ( 601517-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too.
What you’ll be doing...
As a key member of Verizon Business Groups Transformation team, the Director will play a key role in shaping and building a future using a combination of technologies, such as 5G Mobility, and Multi-Access Edge Computing (MEC). You’ll work alongside executive level leaders and key stakeholders to strategize, guide and ensure focus on innovative and transformational deliverables and outcomes that include hitting established financial targets.
What you’ll be doing….
· Create, develop, implement and lead major work streams in VBG’s Transformation program; align Transformation initiatives to business unit strategy and BAU plans; prioritize project activities and coordinate resources to achieve project goals
· Establish strategic process ownership and governance across the customer-centric process framework
· Identify new sources of value – scope and create business cases for new initiatives; drive through business case approval and initiative owner transition, or, through the lifecycle, depending on subject matter and materiality
· Identify opportunities to accelerate value capture within the Transformation program; develop action plans, secure owners, and identify mechanisms to validate value capture
· Maintain business landscape knowledge to provide solid foundational context for critical strategic projects
· Create/facilitate/lead the development of meaningful internal operational benchmarks that can be owned by operational leaders that establish best-in-class performance across the organization; to the extent possible, develop external benchmarks to help ensure that goals resulting from internal benchmarks are appropriate
· Work with limited direction, usually within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to senior management or other executive, functional, or regional management, while supporting syndication with stakeholders across the organization
· Manage matrixed project teams to structure and solve business problems, collaborating and coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders
· Collaborate with VBG leadership and management across regional and functional areas regularly; communicate and generate support for recommendations among leaders
You are an outcome-driven, innovative team player with a passion for enterprise products and services. You thrive on new challenges with strong analytical skills and business acumen. You are comfortable working with ambiguity and change and confident enough to voice well-informed, dissenting opinions, yet always treat others and their views with respect.
What we’re looking for...
· Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience; Master’s degree highly preferred
· 8+ years’ experience in leading and driving market creation programs in technology and/or the telecom space
· Experience with both revenue and cost transformation levers
· Experience in leading cross-functional teams in transformation execution
· Proven ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment, while balancing multiple, highly complex, cross-functional projects/initiatives of varying priority · Understanding of emerging technologies and how Verizon can leverage them to address customer needs
· Expertise in revenue planning and forecasting; ability to predict market trends and focus on high-impact initiatives that capitalize on future opportunities
· Ability to translate complex ideas and express them in concise, simple to understand ways · Significant experience with developing, implementing, and tracking metrics, data analysis, and reporting at the organizational level
· Comfort in working up and across the organization – working with senior staff members in line and staff organizations
· Experience creating and presenting presentations to all levels of an organization · Demonstrated ability to drive cross-functional teams to meet business objectives and influence co-workers while fostering strong working relationships
· Experience handling extremely confidential information appropriately
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.