Business Development Strategy Director - Intelligence Group ( R-00085597 )
The Leidos Intelligence Group Strategy Director is responsible for the strategic planning activities driving Leidos pursuit of the Intelligence work leading to increased market/revenue growth to Leidos. Key areas of focus include (but not limited to): Customer and market analysis, competitive intelligence, budget analysis, Customer buying patterns, technology trends, current Leidos capabilities and gap analysis. Additionally, you will be required to support the communication and implementation of the strategy.
- This position reports directly to the Sr. Vice President (SVP) of Strategy and Business Development (S&BD) for the Intelligence Group.
- Work collaboratively with the Intelligence Operations BD&S Vice Presidents and across the company to ensure company's success.
- Build and strengthen relationships with counterparts in BD&S in other Groups as well as Corporate Strategy leadership to promote collaboration.
- Work to establish a culture of collaboration and respect within the Intel Group. Serve as a role model and leader for positive change.
- Lead the Intelligence Group Strategy development process and activities aligned with the overall corporate strategic plan and planning process that informs and integrates with the corporate strategy and establishes the foundation of success to meet or exceed the overall Corporate and Group business goals.
- In collaboration with Intelligence Line Operation staff and BD&S VPs, lead and collaborate with internal market analysts and external market research firms to acquire and develop supporting analysis for strategy development.
- Identify capability and technology gaps and opportunities - coordinate and leverage centrally funded technology development across Leidos, adjacent program capabilities, industry partnerships, IP, and customer relationships to maximize and support an integrated Group and cross company strategy.
- Maintain ongoing awareness of changes in the market and customer environment and provide timely recommendations to capitalize on opportunities or mitigation of potential impacts to the Leidos Intelligence strategy.
- Support all Organic (New Business & OCG) planning and opportunity development activities as well as inorganic activities (M&A Council), divestures, geographic expansions, partnerships, Joint Ventures, facilitating the strategic growth of the Intel Group and its strategy.
- Coordinates meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices as required.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15+ years of Business Development / Capture & Proposal / Strategy related experience, including 12+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Experience working directly with the Intelligence Community
- Experience with Intel/DoD budget, investments, and acquisition processes
- Demonstrated success closing one or more Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
- Demonstrated partnering and relationships with key government customers and industry partners
- Strong Oral and Written skills with an ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipeline
- Travel as required, up to 10% per month
- TS/SCI strongly desired, but may consider TS with SCI eligibility
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos