Associate Director Business Delivery - Telecommute (108369092)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position will serve as a Specialty Benefits Business Delivery Lead on the large-scale enterprise initiative USP (Unitedhealthcare Strategic Platform) with overall accountability and ownership for driving the execution of business activities resulting in successful capability delivery, business migration and overall business readiness of the defined scope and solution. This position works in close partnership, within an agile delivery model, with IT Release Delivery Leads and Product Managers.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Acts as Business Delivery Lead (BDL) for USP release implementation efforts. May be acting as BDL on multiple releases at the same time.
- Ensures business readiness to receive and utilize solutions through planning, controlling and managing tasks and tasks interdependencies. Define and work with Specialty USP leadership to procure and maintain business labor resources necessary to execute on plan. Ensures all business participants in a release are clear on their role/responsibilities at all times including hand-offs amongst and between the roles.
- Creates and maintains project plan to ensure the business remains on track with milestones and deliverables for each release to ensure business operational readiness and enablement of software delivery. Identify, document and track key dependencies between business and technology tasks to ensure integrity of the program critical path.
- Provides oversight and controls to validate that the solutions and capabilities delivered from the business vantage point have acceptable quality as measured through activities such as testing and requirements traceability. This will require partnership with various relevant IT and business stakeholders.
- Provides oversight and controls to ensure that the defined, approved scope for each release is tightly managed and that change management discipline is used to evaluate and decide on proposed scope changes.
- As needed, defines and maintains cost benefit analysis and business case related to securing and maintaining capital investment required to achieve implementation. Iteratively forecasts and monitors capital investment and spend. Assists in preparing business case materials used at division and corporate capital committee meetings to secure capital and report progress.
- Performs issue management, change management, risk management and cost management for the “business side” of assigned release implementation efforts. Establish and facilitate ongoing issue and risk management practices for assigned releases to ensure issues are being resolved in a timely manner, including escalation procedures, and that risks are being actively identified and mitigated.
- Performs all necessary levels of status reporting, verbal and written, to impacted stakeholders, including but not limited to executive level audiences.
- Regularly collaborates with USP solution and initiative leadership for issue escalation, scope change management, strategy alignment direction and decisions, and status updates. Work to drive stakeholders to key decisions and document/communicate those decisions.
- Proactively plug into broader USP team meetings to provide Specialty business representation assuming ownership of any action items needing additional research or clarification.
- Ensure that process changes impacting the business are identified, tracked and implemented in partnership with the CoPE team.
- Potential to act as Business Delivery Lead on non-USP initiatives as supply/demand allow
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 8+ years’ experience leading capability delivery involving technology solutions in a large-scale, highly matrixed team environment
- Advanced program/project management skills in the project management disciplines.
- Fundamental understanding of business operational readiness
- Possesses system thinking as demonstrated by examples drawn from experience
- Demonstrated experience delegating and driving without having direct authority as demonstrated by examples drawn from experience
- Demonstrated experience in cost benefit analysis and business case development
- Demonstrated experience in relationship management skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office tools
- Demonstrated experience in verbal and written communications and presentations at the executive level
- Demonstrated experience in agile delivery methods
- PMP certification
- Roadmap development and ongoing management
- Fundamental understanding of program management and product ownership
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, at all levels
- Demonstrated experience and foundational knowledge in Agile methodology, delivery and management tools (i.e., Rally)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience and domain knowledge in the healthcare insurance domain
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.