Associate Director Business Process - Telecommute (108438054)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Leads new client onboarding and transformation by utilizing a diverse group of resources (people and technology) to integrate new clients into the standard GOM
- Leads the PMO/PM discipline for technology implementations
- Establish the standard methodology to measure productivity, efficiency, scalability, human touch volume, and total transaction volumes
- Leads analytics efforts to build and deliver multiple performance metrics
- Responsible for TOPS implementation and ongoing maintenance.
- Institutionalizes the best practices and standard processes of the GOM. Critical in training operations on the use of the GOM levers and ensuring new client transformations aligns directly to the GOM. Drives quality assurance program by measuring adherence to GOM processes.
- Change champions
- Collaborate and align with operational partners to drive GOM and change
- Partner across organization to drive transformation via engagement in assessment of people, process, and technology.
- Adopt A3 problem solving methodology and implement all modules of TOPS program
- Excellent organizational skills required (ability to multi-task, produce rapid turnaround, and effectively manage multiple projects)
- Exemplary level ability to influence change and serve as primary change agent
- Operational knowledge of health care related Federal and State regulations, as well as standards from regulatory agencies and accrediting organizations (e.g. CMS, TJC)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in
- Bachelor’s Degree in related healthcare field
- 5 + years of multi-system coding management experience in an acute care facility setting
- 3 + years of exemplary level leadership and business driver skills (ability to make hard decisions focusing upon operational goals and business requirements). Identify and utilize key data points for making informed, data driven decisions. Demonstrated success in assessing operational opportunities for greater efficiency and/or effectiveness by apply critical thinking expertise
- 2 + years Demonstrated client service/account management orientation, ability to build and maintain effective relationships and ability to influence without authority
- CAC experience
- CCS or AAPC Credentialed
- Coding compliance/audit experience
- Experience leading large complex projects and/or implementations
- Coding management experience in an ambulatory care setting
- Able to travel 25%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- RHIA or RHIT
- Experience working collaboratively with CDI
- Comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment that encourages change engagement and participation, and open dialogue. Ability to work within the organization at all levels utilizing a very “hands-on” approach to creating value and buy-ins as the lead change facilitator
- Ability to attract, develop, deploy and retain a world class revenue cycle team, capable of performing as a team and of evolving with the organization’s vision and with cutting edge technologies
- Possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals, and values of Optum360 and our client organization(s)
- Strong program management skills with the ability to lead and manage multiple, concurrent running projects, prioritize tasks and adapt to frequent changes in functional/regional/departmental priorities. Ability to recognize necessary changes in priority of tasks and allocation of resources, and bring them to the attention of Optum360 leadership, as required. Demonstrated knowledge of process improvement techniques are essential to success, as is the ability to be a self-starter and work independently to move projects successfully forward
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals in executive, managerial and staff level positions. The incumbent frequently interacts with staff at the Corporate/National, Regional and Local organizations. May also interact with external parties, such as financial auditors, third party payer auditors, consultants, and various hospital associations
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.