Director, IT Business Partner, Worldwide Patient Safety (R1558716-en-us-1)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
IT Business Partner to the Worldwide Patient Safety (WWPS) business function within Global Drug Development. Extremely dynamic environment of critical importance to patient safety and risk management for all BMS products, in development as well as in the market. Accountable for the strategic planning and global delivery of digital capabilities that facilitate a compliant, high quality & best in class Global Risk Management across BMS products. It includes but is not limited to CART, Mavacamten, Iberdomide and other therapies. Given the nature of Risk Management, bridging capabilities with Clinical, Commercial, Regulatory, Medical is critical to success. In addition, this role will understand relevant industry regulations, standards, best practices, strategies, and tools and will formulate recommendations and influence business direction based upon this information. The role also contributes to the digital strategy of the company and collaborates with leaders to identify strategic and innovative uses of technology, leveraging enterprise platforms and cloud solutions to drive business growth and profitability.
- Global Risk Management
- WWPS Strategy & Planning
- Various additional WWPS functions and non-WWPS adjacencies with respect to portfolio planning & management (e.g. Clinical, Commercial, Medical, Regulatory, Legal & Drug Development )
- Gain and maintain knowledge of the Global Risk Management(GRM) broader as well as WWPS business processes and enabling technologies for the relevant business domains. Processes include, but are not limited to GRM, WWPS, planning, prioritization, financial budgeting/forecasting, execution, resource management, and project & portfolio level scenario planning.
- Provide key insight toward development of capability roadmaps for Global Risk Management.
- Develop roadmaps and deliver the on GRM capabilities for new products in BMS portfolio.
- Develop and deliver the portfolio of IT projects / initiatives annually and calibrate when required due to changes in business conditions / priorities.
- Partner with IT organization(s) in support of demand management process and ensure alignment of maintenance releases with overall capability roadmap and business priorities.
- Establish and develop effective business relationships with key leaders and stakeholders to ensure IT can deliver solutions which align with business strategies and divisional priorities.
- Facilitate business process change within the relevant divisions and functions. Develop strong collaborative relationships with IT colleagues across BMS Information Technology to ensure delivered solutions and services can be appropriately leveraged and value realized.
- Collaborate on the development of business cases for future programs and projects with WWPS and define measurable business outcomes.
- Recruit & develop IT talent
- Enable a learning and change agile organization
- Must have a proven track-record of 10+ years leading complex/big IT projects, preferably related to Global Risk Management or Patient Safety e.g. REMS
- Connects with stakeholders to gain a full alignment of the roadmap of opportunities and prioritization of outcomes
- Applies objective analysis of facts before concluding in critical situation(s)
- Communicates across a diverse audience across all levels of an organization
- Manages cross functional communication outside of project team(s), and assessing business impact to determine business process optimization opportunities to improve knowledge digitization across GRM as well as WWPS
- Develops plans, including necessary timeline, resource and budget requirements, to effectively drive initiatives to conclusion and measurable outcomes
- Contributes to the process for governance of GRM capabilities, requirements and delivery and ensure alignment across sponsor organizations
- Promotes a culture of data ownership and governance, innovation, collaboration and experimentation within the WWPS & GRM as well as working with the internal BMS groups
- Manages budget and resource related to delivery
- Anticipates obstacles and develop contingency plans to address them; taking necessary corrective actions to keep program on schedule
- Represents the progress confidently in interactions with key internal and external stakeholders
- Establishes KPIs for processes and activities under management; tracks KPIS and identifies opportunities for improvement in terms data and delivery quality, timing or cost
- Ability to effectively elicit complex business requirements in both small and large settings across audiences including business and IT professionals
- Demonstrated ability to influence the scope and direction of initiatives across multiple levels of management and organizational boundaries
- Superior verbal communication skills with expert proficiency in framing and delivering messages via multiple modalities including collaboration technologies (SharePoint, Teams), PowerPoint presentations, and email
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate and collaborate with employees and management at all levels
- Enables employee/team growth and talent management
- Demonstrated experience defining and measuring business outcomes.
- Must have proven experience working with structured Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) principles
- Knowledge and experience of Business process modelling, and process optimization skills is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in solving complex situations with high business impact while maintaining a good working environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with a focus on computer or information science.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.