Sr. Director - Organizational Design & Development - Optum - Eden Prairie, MN or Telecommute (108609410)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide Organizational Design & Development expertise to build and implement an OD&D strategy and processes across OptumHealth’s organization of ~80k+ staff
- Act as the OD&D leader on the OptumHealth Transformation Management Office team to create the OD&D strategy, approach and deliver tangible outcomes aligned with organizational priorities
- Work with market, platform solution and functional leaders to assess business/function-specific organization design projects and processes to enhance both operating effectiveness and productivity
- Ensure quality execution through a hands-on approach to the design and delivery of organizational design projects. Build a reputation for quality and impact. Ensure that systematic methods of measuring quality and impact are in place
- Lead and support organizational design and development projects that improve people processes, structures, measures, and accountabilities with the ultimate goal to optimize the deployment of internal resources to achieve superior business results
- Contribute to the design of both formal and informal governance structures and processes that facilitate efficient decision making
- Prioritize and know when to focus on current state diagnosis, capability building, and stakeholder management across a diverse set of integrated and not-yet-integrated businesses
- Create and deliver design workshops with internal stakeholders to gain adoption of future state
- Design and execute key programmatic elements of the OD&D process
- Provide strategic oversight to project change and communications strategies, and work with the Change Enablement and Communications leaders to drive impactful change and communication tactics; act as a change agent supporting complex transformational efforts
- Partner with key stakeholders including business leaders, Sr. Human Capital Partners, Human Capital Analytics, and the Talent Business Partner to provide strategic oversight to talent management strategies
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in strategy, human capital, or consulting-related field
- 8+ years of experience influencing senior level leaders on their org design and effectiveness decisions and approach
- 8+ years of experience demonstrated workforce/talent analytical capabilities
- 8+ years of experience demonstrating critical thinking, project, process, and change management
- Experience with a large, complex organization
- Proven experience managing ambiguity with a demonstrated bias towards action
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s Degree in HR or related field or MBA
- Process or design thinking experience
- Global experience
- Passionate about experimenting with new ways of working to shift the talent approach and bring to life enterprise talent principles
- Solid influence, communication (written and oral) skills, and emotional intelligence
- Organizational savvy with ability to sort through complexities and synthesize information rapidly
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $134,200 to $257,700. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $134,200 to $257,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.