Associate Director – Business Sales ( 603881-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You’ll lead a world-class business sales organization determined to change the world and empower our customers to do the same. The customer experience will be in your hands as you motivate your team to build relationships and provide outstanding customer service. You’ll play a vital role in driving our business performance, growing the capability of your team, and ensuring that nothing gets in the way of achieving success.
- Developing and implementing sales strategies to grow existing business and acquire new business.
- Building a superior sales team who will deliver superior customer experience.
- Driving and tracking the team performance to achieve sales goals.
- Inspiring individual and team performance through on-going training, development, coaching, recognition, and reward.
- Handling financial, budget, and sales reporting activities.
- Successful completion of motor vehicle record check is required.
Join Verizon today and be eligible for a $10,000 sign-on bonus!*
What we’re looking for...
You are a strong communicator and inspirational leader who knows how to get the best from your team. You drive hard for results while motivating and building team confidence to achieve even more than they thought possible. Your executive presence and willingness to learn enables you to build credibility and critical relationships quickly. You have a competitive spirit and a desire to win through the team.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Commissioned-based sales experience.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Eligibility to pass Motor Vehicle Record check.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s degree.
- Led a sales team. Ideally, in a commissions-based sales environment.
- Track record of strong sales results. Ideally, individual and team.
- Business planning and proposal writing experience.
*This role may be eligible for a $10,000 sign-on bonus, paid after three months of employment, subject to the terms and conditions of the bonus agreement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.