Associate Director of Business Analysis - Telecommute (109835014)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Focusing on ancillary products (Dental, Financial Protection, Hearing, and Vision), the Associate Director of Business Development will gain a strong understanding of regulatory requirements and will bring together leaders on compliance issues or gaps in processes to minimize process exposure.
This role is available as a telecommute role for the appropriate candidate. Minimal business travel may be required.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Ownership of audit/CAP response strategy for business, engagement of business leaders for business or client specific requirements, alignment to enterprise compliance model, risk assessment and development of monitoring plans
- Responding as regulations come in, will take interpretations from legal and engage business leaders on how new regulations will be handled, risk mitigation, gap analysis, and development of new policies and procedures
- Conduct and manage outcomes of various studies that include analyzing, reviewing, forecasting, trending, and presenting information for operational and business planning
- Develop and implement effective/strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes
- Provide leadership to and is accountable for driving regulatory adherence performance of managers and/or senior level professional staff
- Support short- and long-term operational/strategic business activities - by developing, enhancing, and maintaining operational information and models that drive regulatory adherence
- Develop and implement effective strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes
- Own driving regulatory adherence in end-to-end processes
- Collaborate with business and technical stakeholders (e.g., business owners, process owners, domain experts) to identify specific business requirements
- Seek opportunities to improve operating efficiencies/effectiveness (e.g., downstream impacts, role/responsibility realignment, enhanced business value)
- Develop functional, market level, and/or site strategy, plans, production and/or organizational priorities
- Identify and resolve technical, operational, and organizational problems outside own team
- Maintain awareness of best practices/approaches related to quality and productivity (e.g., process improvement, DMAIC, Lean)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience in one of the following (Dental, Vision, Hearing, Financial Protection preferred)
- 5+ years of leadership experience, providing functional market level or site strategy
- 5+ years of business development/project planning leadership experience
- 5+ years of full life cycle project management experience
- 3+ years of compliance-related experience
- 3+ years of Medicare and/or Medicaid regulatory, audit, and benefit application experience
- Experience collaborating across the business to move large projects forward
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Undergraduate degree or higher
- Commercial, Individual, Medicare and Medicaid experience
- Medicare and/or Medicaid benefit application experience
- Financial protection and Vision experience
- Excellent communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.