Director, Growth and Business Development - Corpus Christi, TX (111748705)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
WellMed is an innovative health care company that is transforming the industry with Proactive and Preventive Health Care. We continue to expand throughout Texas and are looking for great leaders. Here, at WellMed, our Vision is to change the face of health care delivery for the nation by providing quality, proactive patient care with a focus on prevention. Ready to make a difference? We are looking for great leaders!
This Director of Growth and Business Development will lead a team of Growth & Business Development Associates who focus on helping WellMed drive membership growth in our WellMed clinics through community outreach activities & marketing strategies. This Director will also partner with licensed Medicare Brokers and key internal and external strategic partners to achieve assigned membership growth targets. They will translate market strategies into specific tactics with measurable goals.
- Set team direction and provides guidance in overseeing work activities of the team
- Actively develop, maintain, and grow productive relationships with key, local entities, and stakeholder groups
- Provide guidance to the VP of Growth & Business Development and the local market Dyads in the greater Corpus Christi market
- Lead in-market implementation of all market engagement initiatives and events
- Engage market organizations and groups to achieve greater collective impact of WellMed’s mission and efforts to develop and support community health partnerships
- Develop strategies and tactical plans to support new patient membership growth
- Make recommendations to leadership regarding funding for market engagement efforts and special projects
- Collaborate with internal staff by facilitating the planning and hosting of events with targeted stakeholders
- Represent WellMed at association meetings, conferences, forums, coalition meetings, workgroups, and steering committees
- Develop content to include in newsletters and other marketing and education materials to be distributed on a regular interval to key stakeholders and stakeholder groups
- Serve as liaison and partner to the Marketing and Communications teams providing ideas for promoting WellMed
- Serve as liaison to all other UHG segments including E&I, M&R, Optum, and enterprise-wide support divisions
- Establish appropriate collaboration meetings on strategies that align business segments and promote unified messaging and approaches to serving the community
- Serve as strategic advisor to Business Development leadership
- Input and track all activities into SalesForce, ensuring accuracy for reporting
- Maintain relevant work and critical documents on SharePoint sites, including regular reporting of activities
- Influence or provide input into forecasting
- Travel up to 50% based on the needs of the business
- Work onsite in an office environment as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years of Medicare and or health care sales experience
- 4+ years of community outreach experience developing and organizing marketing or community outreach events
- Experience working effectively in a highly matrix organization
- Experience presenting to groups utilizing various technology mediums
- Proficiency in MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Travel up to 50% based on the needs of the business
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within this market area
- Live within commutable distance of our office location
- Ability and willingness to work onsite in an office location
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Experience with budget management
- Experience managing employees to drive results
- Experience developing marketing/community outreach strategies and tactile plans
- Ability to work outside core business hours, including evenings and weekends, per business needs
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Established professional relationships with community-based organizations (CBO’s), faith-based organizations (FBO’s), providers and local Department of Health and Human Services
- Ability to manage, lead people and communicate effectively
- Proven ability to build relationships cross-functionally and lead toward common goals
- Ability to lead business initiatives to a successful outcome
- Exceptional written, verbal, analytical, organizational, problem solving and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work autonomously and demonstrate initiative
- Proven ability to think strategically
- Objective, collaborative approach
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic and high-growth environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.