Director, Business Architecture - Telecommute (112226501)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position will serve as a Senior Business Architect for the Specialty Benefits ancillary business lines whose primary focus is to understand and document current state business capabilities and design future state business capabilities/solutions based on business strategies.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Drive and facilitate the right discussions with business leaders to identify business capabilities in relation to current and future business objectives
- Create and maintain business capability, data, process, and technology inventories. Work with multiple capability and functional teams to gather and document the structure of Specialty Benefits business and technology landscape
- Lead, build, manage, and enhance business capability model along maturity / optimization framework to drive enablement of the longer-term roadmap
- Partner in the strategic planning process by providing input to the scope definition of strategic initiatives leveraging capabilities, creating capability heatmaps to provide visibility to impacts, dependencies, overlaps and opportunities. Key Deliverables include (but are not limited to): Capability Model, Capability Heatmaps, Capability Maturity Assessments, Capability Impact Assessments, Capability Health Assessments and Capability Roadmaps
- Work closely with Product Managers, Product Owners, functional SMEs, Portfolio Owners, and leaders to develop capability roadmaps
- Work closely with solution/technical architects to deliver business architecture artifacts needed for E2E Architecture and Solution Architecture Approach deliverables
- Present recommendations and solutions clearly and concisely and is able to focus on key points to portray the intended message or purpose
- Advocate and drive adoption of “best practices’ to ensure standardization of business architecture outputs across the business
- Take an active role in line of business portfolio investment strategies by assessing and rationalizing proposed capabilities. Use innovative thinking to develop new solutions
- Employ business thinking and is highly strategic in defining practical solutions that align with business, division, and corporate strategy
- Effectively manage priorities, deliverables, and timelines while working independently
- Identify and lead problem resolution for project/program complex requirements related issues at all levels
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 10+ years of experience in business architecture, solution architecture and/or Product Ownership in a capability delivery model involving technology solutions in a large-scale, highly matrixed team environment
- Demonstrated experience in agile delivery methods
- Experience and domain knowledge in the healthcare insurance domain
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office tools
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Undergraduate degree
- Six Sigma certification
- TOGAF Business Architecture Level 1 qualification
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.