Director of Business Operations, Cell Therapy Development
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Cell Therapy is one of the most groundbreaking new forms of cancer treatments being studied today. With therapies only in their infancy and BMS’s continued investment in our Cell Therapy capabilities, the growth potential of this science, your career, and the ability to help patients are incredible.
The Director of Business Operations will lead communication strategy across internal & external audiences, including building digital competence across CTD; amplifying our business impact and showcasing our technology innovations; and facilitating executive communications for the CTD LT members. The Director is a digitally-savvy strategist accountable for crafting and implementing communication programs that advance the CTD narrative, and adept at building compelling content and unlocking stories from around CTD.
Director will be a strong channel strategist, creative storyteller, superb writer and project leader.
The Director will elevate the CTD brand and culture, upholding CTD's purpose and strategy among internal and external audiences and stakeholders, and supporting critical CTD engagements. Additionally, this role will provide innovative, impactful output: think creatively to employ traditional and innovative communication channels and tools necessary to reach target audiences effectively. These include newsletters, multimedia, social media, videos, and other non-text communication tools as well as digital materials. This leader will act as editor-in-chief for full range of CTD communications output, including external and internal messaging from CTD LT.
The Director will oversee learning management and knowledge management across CTD, including the development, operation, and innovation of the CTD sharepoint hub and related digital entities. This role will be familiar with the latest communication trends and be adept in producing content for various audiences and settings.
- Drive the Communication & Change strategy with both short-term and long-term roadmaps that enable business results and support key programs.
- Operationalize the strategy to generate organizational data and information in a simplified way that increases the efficiency and simplicity of our communications while gaining exposure for the organization.
- Lead development of a clear internal channel and editorial strategy to drive awareness and engagement on business priorities and other key initiatives for CTD employees.
- Elevate CTD’s presence and drive a consistent brand across our business.
- Partner with colleagues across CT business units to craft, lead and implement communication strategies that bring to life the value and efficiencies of our solutions and innovations, and attract, recruit and retain future-skilled talent.
- Develop strategies to spotlight teams for successful projects and collaborations, including telling the story of innovation through the voice or point of view of teams or leaders.
- Cultivate an approachable and authentic voice for all internal content that drives engagement and improves our CTD employee experience through impactful storytelling.
- Develop CTD content for executive presentations & communications including town halls, LT meetings, ELT Meetings, etc.
- Supervise and measure the efficiency of communications through digital analytics, surveys, and performance indicators and drive consistency and efficiency in our communications processes through automation and new communications technologies.
- Manages a team with specialties in digital management and organizational communications, and collaborates across CT business units.
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts & Sciences, Communications, or related
- Advanced degree preferred in pharma business, corporate communications, or related.
- Demonstrated ability for 8 years+ in corporate communication or related setting.
- Demonstrable experience translating strategic concepts into action plans and implementing initiatives at an operational level.
- Experience balancing multiple partners simultaneously, and getting results through influence and leading those without direct reporting lines.
- Outstanding writing skills with strength in grammar, punctuation, spelling, vocabulary, proofreading and copyediting with the ability to understand target audiences and translate sophisticated concepts into clear and concise messages.
- Thrives in fast-paced environments, is flexible, collaborative and deadline driven.
- Self-starter who excels in ambiguous situations and enjoys crafting strategy & processes.
- Motivated, upbeat and enthusiastic: an ambitious thinker, driven, takes initiative yet works well with partners.
- Comfortable learning and working with digital tools to drive engagement and simplify operations. Highly creative/out-of-the-box problem solver with the ability to implement and deliver results quickly.
- Skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Video Editing, Microsoft Office and SharePoint.
Approximately 10% travel.
If you want to challenge yourself, accelerate your career, and give new hope to patients, there’s no better place than here with our Cell Therapy team. Full of incredible and dedicated team members, those working on CAR-T and other forms of Cell Therapy are transforming patients’ lives through science. From studying individualized cell lines to making brand new discoveries, this bold and personal discipline allows you to grow your career while making a lasting impact on the field of medicine. Join us today.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.