Associate Director – Fraud Prevention Application Development
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Associate Director – Fraud Prevention Application Development (AD) will be responsible for the applications that protect Verizon customer’s accounts and prevent millions of dollars in losses annually. This role requires a continuous learning and improvement mindset to stay ahead of the emerging fraud trends and sophisticated attack vectors. The AD will be responsible for not only meeting aggressive loss reduction targets by improving risk detection but also minimizing customer friction by reducing false positives.
In this role, the AD will build strong professional relationships with various business units as well as the wider GTS organization to frame the fraud prevention strategy for Verizon. They will enable a cross functional task force to respond rapidly to new fraud threats and minimize financial and reputational loss to Verizon. Background and analytical skills to deal with very high-volume/velocity data. The AD should also be able to apply cutting edge AI/ML techniques to drive real time insights to protect Verizon customers and brand reputation.
- Collaborate with Fraud Strategy and Operations teams to continuously improve the fraud protection posture of Verizon.
- Drive down fraud loss for VCG and VBG with measurable month over month improvement and favorability to annual target.
- Define key performance measures for the team in alignment with the vision and strategy.
- Set and measure OKRs for the team and be laser focused on meeting the fraud and friction reduction targets.
- Work with Fraud Operations and Fraud Process teams to drive adoption of new tools and AI/ML based automated fraud investigations.
- Partner with cross CIO teams to assess impacts of major initiatives and take proactive measures to minimize fraud.
- Enable a cross functional Tiger team to respond quickly to fraud attacks and minimize losses.
- Champion Agile and DevSecOps practices with emphasis on CI/CD automation to improve speed and efficiency of software releases.
- Ensure security and financial budget compliance for all fraud applications.
- Provide periodic updates on fraud initiatives and OKRs to senior leadership.
- Embrace new technology and industry best practices.
- Stay abreast of industry trends in fraud prevention and adopt best practices.
- Develop and nurture a product-based organization with a startup mindset.
- Provide timely feedback to team and remove obstacles that hinder team performance.
Where you’ll be working:
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science, Statistics, or a related discipline.
- Seven or more years in software development with at least three years as a people leader.
- Two or more years in a fraud prevention or related role.
- Two or more years of Agile development experience.
- Proven ability to succeed in a diverse global delivery model with variable workforce.
- Experienced in Advanced Python/ SAS / R or similar Data science languages.
- Familiar with statistical tools for data analytics and predictive techniques.
- Experience managing complex data sets and producing real time insights.
- Big Data techniques for handling high-volume data.
- Familiar with DevOps tools (e.g., GIT, JIRA, Jenkins).
- Experience in leading product-based teams with cross-functional collaboration.
- Experience with cloud cost management preferably in AWS.
- Strong communication and executive presentation skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.