Sr Director HR, Strategy and Business Development Law
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Senior Director Human Resources, Strategy and Business Development and Law
Hiring Manager: Senior Vice President, HR Business Strategy
The Lead Human Resource Business Partner, for Global Strategy and Business Development and Global Law. This position works directly with three leadership team members and their respective teams responsible for 800 employees in the US and globally. Based in one of our Central New Jersey locations, this role provides HR leadership in driving the people strategy, workforce planning, organizational design, talent management, team effectiveness and change management.
- Provides strategic HR Business Partner leadership to the three LT members and their respective teams to maximize business performance and foster cooperation across the enterprise through an aligned People Strategy.
- Translates business strategy and organizational needs into contemporary global organizational performance solutions including organizational design, talent management, and culture change.
- Leverages business strategy, people strategy, external best practices, and organizational insights to deliver bold and innovative organizational and talent solutions; more specifically builds and executes talent and workforce plans to support continuous implementation of organization design and transformational activities as well as the continuous evolution of the Business functions.
- Applies “systems thinking” and leads change for effectiveness of organization performance with metrics and analytics in a way that drives business performance.
- Applies judgment to data insights and trends to support business talent and organization decisions that drives organizational effectiveness and innovative and robust workforce planning, engagement strategies, and succession management
- Collaborates across the HR OP Model (COE’s, People Services) to articulate business needs and partners in delivering solutions in ways that bring value across the enterprise.
- Takes a leadership role in creating a respectful and inclusive work environment while role-modeling the BMS values and fostering cultural diversity.
- Represents BMS with external environment by telling our People Strategy story.
College/University BA/BS Degree, Advanced Degree preferred
Experience – Responsibility and minimum number of years
- 15+ years of HR experience preferably in multinational businesses
Competencies – Knowledge, Skills Abilities
- Extensive experience as an HR business partner with significant leadership skills leading and working across global, diverse teams of HR professionals.
- Proven success in working effectively at senior management levels to impact and influence decision making
- Experience working with global teams
- Proven application in leveraging business acumen and external insights to improve business and talent outcomes
- Experience in leading change management efforts including defining change and communication plans
- Experience in the use of metrics and analytics in a way that drives business performance
- Demonstrated experience in applying workforce planning knowledge, engagement strategies, and succession management
- Proven experience in working effectively within a matrixed environment and building alignment in a cross functional and team environment
- Knowledge of external trends and factors that influence human behaviors and decision-making at the individual, group, and organizational level
- Fluent in English
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.