Director - Product Development (focused on PTL Products)
Director - Product Development (focused on PTL Products) (Job Number: 2224722 )
The Director-Product Development (PTL Products) will work closely with leadership and with various teams throughout the business to develop individual and organizational understanding of various Penske Truck Leasing business units, and their customers, suppliers, and competitors, both traditional and non-traditional. With this understanding, the Director-Product Development will collaborate closely within and across the individual business units to identify threats and opportunities for growth through new products, strategies, adjacencies, acquisitions, and/or partnerships.
Once opportunities are identified, the Director-Product Development will be tasked with developing these ideas into viable opportunities through a structured product development process that includes leading implementation efforts across multifunctional project teams.
- Lead product development process within a specific business-unit and/or with a focus on specific products, markets, technologies, and/or adjacencies.
- Develop deep understanding of market landscape, opportunities, and threats within a specific business-unit and/or with a focus on specific products, markets, technologies, and/or adjacencies.
- Develop detailed strategic and financial analyses to evaluate new or enhanced products, markets, technologies, and/or adjacencies.
- Combine deep understanding of market landscape and/or opportunity with thorough analysis into a narrative that compels the organization to act.
- Lead cross functional initiatives and key projects specific to certain business units, products, markets, technologies, and/or adjacencies.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's Degree preferred
- Six Sigma Blackbelt, Project Management Prof. (PMP), Agile, Pragmatic, etc. preferred
- 10 years of general/departmental management with sales and P&L responsibility, or business consulting and/or private equity management.
- Sales / sales management skills
- Account management, general management, and financial management (P&L) experience
- Ability to lead teams
- Ability to analyze data
- Ability to deliver executive presentations
- Business planning skills
- Strong communication skills
- Product development skills
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Penske Truck Leasing:
Penske Truck Leasing is a Penske Transportation Solutions company headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske Truck Leasing operates and maintains an extensive fleet of vehicles and serves customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management, and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.pensketruckleasing.com to learn more.
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Marketing
Req ID: 2224722