Associate Director - Software Development
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
In this role, the Associate Director - Software Development will be a key leader for Verizon Business Group Assisted Sales & Ordering portfolio in evaluating and designing systems and technologies to solve business challenges related to Sales and Ordering and product enablement. Role will support Current & Legacy platforms.
As an Associate Director, you will drive technology leadership surrounding the systems used by our business sales and support teams. You will be playing a pivotal role in overseeing organizational and systems planning and driving the execution of strategic goals, as well as ensuring that the tactical solutions and activities are in line with the strategic goals. You will build high-performing relationships with peers from Product, Sales, delivery and other members of the enterprise. Thought leadership in this area is essential and needs to guide the B2B organization on the selection of the right technologies for the applications.
- Driving product enablement for assisted sales & ordering for Verizon Business Group.
- Leading detailed design and development of quoting and ordering integration between wireline and wireless stacks.
- Defining and driving architecture, modernization and consolidation of legacy ordering systems.
- Leading current platform & infrastructure strategy for overall current platform & delivering on efficiencies for pre-sales & ordering systems.
- Leading product enablement and business alignment on strategic portfolios of advanced comms, network, IOT, CPE, security services & professional services for Verizon Business Group.
- Driving strategic oversight, cross functional team collaboration, vendor governance for quote, ordering & product enablement organization.
- Driving enhancements and tools to improve sales & ordering experience.
- Providing communication to articulate the vision and translate complex issues into comprehensible ideas and concepts.
- Managing software delivery with both onshore and offshore resource teams and with IT vendors. Improve global team productivity and throughput with DevOps methodologies and agile sprints.
- Handling budget planning, administrative and resource management of a portfolio comprising multiple projects and large teams. Accountable for sound financial decisions required to manage significant capital and expense budgets.
- Driving engagements & alignment with business stakeholders on CPE Lifecycle Efficiencies & application enhancements.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Information Systems, Business Administration or related field.
- Knowledge of Verizon Business products.
- Experience in Private and Public MEC (Mobile Edge Computing) .
- Knowledge of product life cycle in Private Network and SHyN (Secure Hybrid Network).
- Experience in product implementation with Fixed Wireless Access with SDWAN.
- Experience in wireline products landscape like Network as a Service (NaaS) & Multi Cloud Fabric.
- Leadership experience of a large, global, complex technology-based organization.
- Experience in innovative application of data- and metric-driven performance management to lower cost and drive efficiency.
- Experience in cloud and container platform strategies, design, architecture and migration.
- Experience in developing applications and API frameworks to enable large scale efficiencies.
- Ability with leading complex projects by bringing together the right perspectives, identifying roadblocks, and integrating feedback from clients and team members.
- Ability to perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.