Associate Director, Business Insights & Analytics, Portfolio and Governance Lead
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
The Associate Director, Portfolio & Governance Lead will be responsible for managing Total Commercial portfolio forecasts and stakeholder relationships in support of the WW Commercialization BI&A team. This leader will be responsible for establishing standard ways-of-working across therapeutic areas in support of the new One BIA operating model and for driving the execution of implementation of said standard ways-of-working, including a centralized repository and database for all LTFP commercial assumptions and outputs to be leveraged by internal BI&A and key stakeholders. The leader will be the main point of contact for Total Commercial requests such as consolidating commercial views across TA in preparation for yearly and monthly LTFPs, pre-CDOC governance supporting GT investments, GDD timeline activities, VAP activities related to LTFP, Enterprise Analytics and other items that impact Total Commercial and need consistent approaches with One BI&A in mind. The leader will also be responsible for establishing appropriate support model for early assets and LOE brands.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day strategic guidance and support to VP, WW Commercialization and leadership team to maximize the value of strategic guidance and data-driven insights
- Develop, establish and implement standard ways of working across therapeutic areas, which includes the alignment on communication, methodology and output of >5,000 long range forecasts in support of governance decisions, long-range forecasting and a single source of consolidated TA “Commercial truth”
- Manage the collation of the Total Commercial LTFP (>100 products across multiple TAs) in support of reviews with key leaders in the organization; be responsible for understanding key dynamics in each therapeutic area, impacts on business commitments and implications to broader organization
- Create and maintain integrated calendar of deliverables (budget, prioritization, LTFP, TA strategy, etc.) that is cross functionally aligned with BIA, Commercialization, Finance, GPS, GDD, etc.
- Establish data driven centralized repository and database to access, document and track LTFP assumptions and outputs that can be leveraged within WW Commercialization and by key stakeholders across BMS
- Acts as the main liaison for pre-CDOC governance support and portfolio prioritization, which includes the compilation and communication of WW Commercialization analytics and scenarios for existing and new opportunities
- Consistently partner with GDD on alignment of launch timelines and implementation into forecasts related to governance decisions and long-range forecasting; build process that allows for open communication and one source of truth data
- Partner with US and WW markets (and finance and others) to optimal budget guidance and target setting process; simplify the movement of short & long-term assumptions, models and revenues. Help develop best practices across the globe for virtual teams and sharing of knowledge
- Assess and implement the best approach to forecasting early assets and LOE brands across all TAs
- Leads special projects at the request of the VP of WW Commercialization
- Degree/Certification: BA/BS in relevant functional discipline required; MBA or MS/MA preferred
- 5+ years relevant work experience in Bio-pharmaceuticals across multiple therapeutic areas
- Prior strategy/consulting experience
- Extensive experience working in Oncology, Hematology, Immunology or Cardivoascular
- Ability to synthesize complex information sets and successfully communicate simply to senior leaders – leading to smart and data-driven decision making
- Experience operating successfully in a complex organizational environment
- Extensive experience in the application of forecasting, advanced analytics and reporting techniques to solve business problems
- Strong team leadership & talent development experience, with proven experience leading through transformations and advancing cultural maturity
- Highly collaborative and proven effectiveness in influencing in a global organization with a complex matrix of stakeholders and markets
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills delivered with polished, strategic, executive-level presence
- Proven ability to innovate and operate with agility and speed
- Exhibits BMS BioPharma Behaviors: Integrity, Innovation, Inclusion, Accountability, Passion, Urgency
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.