Director, Business Development/Capture Management -Health IT, Hybrid
Work Where it Matters
Akima is not just another global enterprise and federal contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At Akima, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders, Akima provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers, Akima delivers agile solutions in the core areas of facilities, maintenance, and repair; information technology; logistics; protective services; systems engineering; mission support; furniture, fixtures & equipment (FF&E); and construction.
As an Akima employee, you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Akima, LLC is looking to hire a self-starting and highly motivated Business Development Director for the Technology Services and Products Group (TSPG) to help lead strategic business development activities needed to win work in new markets, to develop new customers and business areas, to recapture expiring projects and programs, and to expand market penetration under existing accounts.
- Conducting market assessments and manage business development activities to support growth throughout FedCiv and/or Health IT markets.
- Identifying and qualifying new business development opportunities and assisting in the capture management and proposal development processes. These efforts will include assisting the Business Development team with the identification, qualification, and determination for bid on upcoming business development opportunities both inside and outside of the managers assigned business areas.
- Researching competition and creating competitive analysis.
- Understanding and developing a Shipley competitive model.
- New business pursuits should be focused on, stated objectives of the strategic plan from the business being supported. Markets will include, but aren’t limited to Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise IT, Cloud Migration, Cybersecurity, Software Development, Data Server Consolidation, IT Modernization.
- Participate in the development of annual and long-range strategic business plans.
- Support the VP of Business Development and corporate leadership with Upcoming business development targets; Market outreach events; Contract Industry Day events; Other important outreach events.
- Drive requirements for marketing and tradeshow strategies and attend tradeshows and networking events. Manage trade show efforts and keep trade show booth and materials current.
- Meet with and maintain close relationship with new and current customers.
- Demonstrated experience to Shape opportunities.
- Contact prospective customers using networking, referrals from current customers, POC listings from advance RFP postings, and professional organization meeting, conferences, and workshops.
- Ability to assist and develop capture plans in a team environment.
- Responsible for maintaining the “pipeline” for accuracy of the data for all leads and active pursuits with probability of win calculations, revenue projections,
- Perform initial analysis of proposed or actual request of capabilities, and RFPs to determine technical, schedule, and content reasonableness, and profitability.
- Determine teaming requirements for Prime efforts; identify and qualify industry partners and identify teaming opportunities for subcontracting opportunities. Demonstrate and completing capability matrix.
- Provide proposal development support along with strategizing on RFI and RFP responses.
- Ability to Lead the team and work well with others.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for the company business development including Capture proposal efforts and elements.
- Work collaboratively with other assembled members of the company to design, develop, and publish proposal documents.
- 5-10 years desired years of progressive experience in Business Development in FedCiv and/or Health IT contracting environment.
- 1-5 years working closely with Capture Manager and Proposal Manager
- Clearance eligible.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications; Experience in technical writing.
- Prior/Current Experience in multiples domains Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise IT, Cloud Migration, Cybersecurity, Software Development, Data Server Consolidation, IT Modernization.
- Four (4) year degree from an accredited university.
- Government Contracting Experience Desired.
- Current experience with FedCiv and/or Health IT programs in the areas of managing scope, quality, schedule, and cost for projects at a senior level.
- Proven ability to develop business at executive and mid-levels.
- Proven management track record – project level or higher – that illustrates success in BD, Government Program/Project management, and general management responsibilities.
- Knowledge of decision makers, strategic direction, and major programs in the subject market space.
- Ability to up sell and expand services from existing contracts.
- Successful track record developing business in new markets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of developing and delivering effective sales presentations.
- Excellent proposal development skills.
- Demonstrated success targeting and winning services contracts.
- Proven ability to develop and execute sales strategies leveraging partnerships with vendors and other industry partners.
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contract information).
Job: Sales, Business Development & Related
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Organization: Akima, LLC Shared Services
Clearance: Not Applicable
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: Hybrid
Req ID: AKI04920