Organon - Associate Director, Business System Oversight HRM ( MERCUSR110335ENUS)
Reporting to the Director of R&D Business Systems Regulatory, Health Registration Management (HRM), the Associate Director of Regulatory Business Systems Oversight, HRM, is accountable for providing operations of business systems established for Regulatory. This role is accountable for ensuring regulatory systems are fully supporting all phases of product registration and lifecycle management for organon products. This role drives strategic activities for regulatory business system capabilities in an alignment with the Executive Director of R&D Business Systems Regulatory. This role collaborates with the many stakeholders and users of the regulatory capabilities to plan and execute the operational business system activities.
The Associate Director of Regulatory Business System Oversight, Health Registration Management (HRM) is accountable and responsible for the following activities:
- Leads projects and initiatives supporting the long-term vision and strategy for regulatory business systems, helping to drive business outcomes.
- Ensures that tools, systems and procedures are align with business process and information needs for Chemistry Manufacturing Controls (CMC) and Manufacturing customers.
- System improvement initiatives with Regulatory Information Management Systems, i.e. enhancements and hotfix implementations
- Collaborates with these functional area contacts, process owners and IT product/account managers to develop business-related SLC documentation.
- Interface with CMC and MANUFACTURING DIVISON to understand, support and communicate the strategy and needs of that team as it impacts HRM data, systems and processes
- Operates the business system capabilities of the regulatory organization focused on registration management, partnering with external parties and other internal R&D functions where appropriate.
- Provides industry expertise and practical knowledge of current and emerging technologies and processes approaches within regulatory, including, but not limited to, registration, dossier publishing, and produce lifecycle management.
- Influences leaders to see new opportunities for enhanced regulatory business system capabilities.
- Proactively identifies new capabilities and enhancements that will improve regulatory and broader R&D operations.
- Functions as a contributing member of initiative teams which represents the strategic operations organization at both internal and external forums on regulatory business system capabilities for product registration and publishing as a representative of HRM
- Investigate, analyze and document user requirements, including but not limited to requirements definition, solution design, configuration and administration plan.
- Support system validation activities such as producing user acceptance/performance qualification testing scripts, executing the test scripts and monitoring.
- Ensure high ethical standards and a culture that values honesty, integrity, and transparency.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree with 6+years of industry experience within a research and development organization, with 3 years in Regulatory Information Management (RIM) systems experience with technical systems in a regulated environment or Master’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of industry experience with 3 years in RIM Systems area and experience with technical systems in a regulated environment
Required Experience and Skills:
- 3+ years of experience in a regulated research and development environment, preferably in the regulatory affairs product registration and lifecycle management domain
- Experience with Regulatory Information Management Systems with COTS applications such as Liquent InSight Suite, Veeva RIM System and ArisG
- Broad range of knowledge of regulatory processes
- Knowledge of Regulatory Filing procedures and/or Health Authority Registration process
- Ability to lead and influence others outside of a direct reporting relationship
- Broad organizational awareness and knowledge of touchpoints/interdependencies
- Must have proven track record to be able to think critically, strategically, independently and problem solve
- Must have high level of motivation, drive, and demonstration of Organon leadership values
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to write clearly and concisely
- Top notch interpersonal skills in difficult situations
- Driver of change and innovation
- Ability to work seamlessly with all levels of personnel
- Demonstrated sensitivity and knowledge of cultural differences with experience in multi-country, multi-cultural environments and demonstrated success with cross-geographically based cultural collaborations
Who we are …
Organon delivers ingenious health solutions that enable people to live their best lives. We are a $6.5 billion global healthcare company focused on making a world of difference for women, their families and the communities they care for. We have an important portfolio and are growing it by investing in the unmet needs of Women’s Health, expanding access to leading biosimilars and touching lives with a diverse and trusted portfolio of health solutions.
Our Vision is clear: A better and healthier every day for every woman.
At launch, we will be more than 10,000 Founders strong, ready to rise together as we make a difference in a new way. As Founders, employees will create their future and will help shape the direction of Organon and its impact on the world. Our culture reflects our passion for those we champion.
At Organon, we all belong. We embrace diversity and give it a voice. Our commitment to supporting women is reflected in the make-up of our leadership team, which is majority female and our diversity of experience is core to who we are and what we are designed to do.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Residents of Colorado
Click here to request this role’s pay range.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:Remote Work, Telecommuting
Shift:1st - Day
Valid Driving License:Yes
Number of Openings:1