Organon - Application Ops ERP Development Lead - Assoc Director ( MERCUSR109443ENUS)
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
Summary of job scope:
Advanced Business Application Programming (ABAP) Development Lead will be responsible for managing technical teams (onsite & offshore), enhancing, maintaining and supporting the SAP design and development process by developing new programs, resolving defects, providing assistance in solving end user problems, answering development related questions, and testing/validating development efforts.
She/he will work with SAP and Legacy transactional systems including OtC, SCM, FI, StS, Solution Manager, SAP Mobile technologies and other transactional and support systems.
She/he will be an important contributor defining solution strategy, design principles, and ensuring the alignment between the business needs and technical solutions. The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills, as the point person accountable for designing and approving solutions, while ensuring compliance to validation activities in a heavily regulated GxP environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides technical leadership, managing developers (onsite & offshore) through coaching and mentoring and perform peer reviews of the technical work of team members for quality assurance.
- Strong team player, able to effectively lead and generate high results from the team
- Design, develop, code, and test enterprise-wide programs for SAP modules, functions and WRICEF, FIORI/UI-5 Objects in ECC,
- GTS, APO, SRM, CONCUR, MDG SAP Mobile technologies.
- Interface with functional teams to ensure the proper integration of business processes and procedures.
- Prepare comprehensive technical program documentation of technical specifications, test conditions, test plans, and test data
- Provide guidance on how to leverage SAP based specific technologies to create the most effective solutions in the assigned areas
- Formulate and define best practice programming standards that meet regulatory compliance requirements for Implementation, Support and Upgrade Projects
- Provide consulting on solutions including how to leverage standard SAP functionality and how to enable requirements while minimizing on-going maintenance costs in the assigned areas
- Extremely strong development experience using the following technical tools/objects: ABAP Objects, Switch Framework,
- Extensive experience with following is must: ALE/IDOC, Proxy, Workflows, Web services, Web Dynpros, Smart forms, Adobe Interactive forms, User Exits, Enhancements, Business Add-ins, Enhancement Spot, ODATA entities using SAP Gateway builder, knowledge in SQL Programming and proficient building applications using ABAP Core Data Services
Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field of study from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience is required.
- A minimum 8-10 years of experience with using ABAP & related SAP technical environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to translate an idea to system blueprint
- Ability to communicate an idea in business terms
- Ability to provide mentoring and coaching to other developers
- Experience with integration of SAP ERP system and external Tax system (e.g. Sabrix) is required
- Experience with full cycle SAP implementation, including realization, go-live and post-go-live support
- Familiarity with upgrading large complex SAP ECC systems and experience in supporting complex system builds,
- transports reviews, system upgrade support including SPAU/SPDD resolution
- Expert level, hands on development and good functional experience in SAP work-streams like, Order to Cash, Supply Chain Management, etc.
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with SAP S4 and related cloud technologies
- Experience migrating SAP ECC system to SAP S/4
- Proven experience of working within an IT service framework (ITIL) throughout the service lifecycle
- Experience in service management process methodologies and tools, including: Stakeholder Relationship management, Contract management, Supplier management
- Excellent written, verbal communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills, with the ability to create and sustain meaningful relationships.
- Strong leadership skills, technical knowledge, and the ability to effectively articulate and communicate findings and recommendations to the senior management team.
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are …
Organon delivers ingenious health solutions that enable people to live their best lives. We are a $6.5 billion global healthcare company focused on making a world of difference for women, their families and the communities they care for. We have an important portfolio and are growing it by investing in the unmet needs of Women’s Health, expanding access to leading biosimilars and touching lives with a diverse and trusted portfolio of health solutions.
Our Vision is clear: A better and healthier every day for every woman.
At launch, we will be more than 10,000 Founders strong, ready to rise together as we make a difference in a new way. As Founders, employees will create their future and will help shape the direction of Organon and its impact on the world. Our culture reflects our passion for those we champion.
At Organon, we all belong. We embrace diversity and give it a voice. Our commitment to supporting women is reflected in the make-up of our leadership team, which is majority female and our diversity of experience is core to who we are and what we are designed to do.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:Flex Time, Remote Work
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1