Associate Director Business Consulting ( MERCUSR116618ENUS)
Our Manufacturing Operations teams are the people that make our products. We work in the manufacturing plants with a “Safety First, Quality Always” mindset striving for continuous improvement. We work in the local plant connected to our global manufacturing network to ensure the highest quality of raw materials, intermediates and finished products.
If you join the West Point Team you will:
- Partner with and consult functional leaders, E2E (End To End) leads, and their leadership teams to develop plans and execute performance improvement activities.
- Influence and link improvement objectives to the highest divisional priorities.
- Develop Lean Management and people development processes and plans consistent with the Global Standards and deployment roadmaps
- Manage end-to-end processes and projects to drive results and realize intended business benefit
- Utilize various MPS Standards and techniques in conjunction with relevant Roadmaps and Playbooks to diagnose, analyze and improve business processes
- Provide teaching and coaching to effectively transfer Lean skills into the organization for the development of Lean Leaders at all levels
- Collaborate with the Global MPS Team colleagues to maintain standards, deployment roadmaps, capability development plans etc.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and challenging the status quo, while driving departmental/regional strategies that align with the companies’ long-term strategy.
- Manage teams to mitigate risk, allocate resources, and drive on time completion of initiatives.
- Lead end-to-end supply chain analysis through value stream mapping and other analysis techniques and lead kaizen activities to increase capacity and improve process performance.
- Develop visual controls and framework to make problems visible and respond with urgency to effectively break down complex problems, lead root cause analysis, and develop effective countermeasures.
- Lead and coach kaizen with a team to achieve multiple target conditions to achieve an overall challenge.
- Design balanced work to takt time, with smooth flow.
- Apply scientific method problem-solving methodology (8-step) to solve complex problems with multiple independent variables.
- Build trust and develop new relationships with internal and external clients to effectively collaborate and achieve successful outcomes at a regional/global level
Education Minimum Requirement:
Bachelor’s degree in business/science or related field required
Master’s degree preferred
Experience and Skills
At least 6 years of work experience leading high performing operations, ideally but not necessarily in a pharmaceutical/biotech or related manufacturing industry environment
Preferred Experience and Skills:
Certification as a Six Sigma Green or black belt preferred
Significant Lean Experience including hands-on application of Lean tools and standards in manufacturing, laboratory and indirect people driven processes: capacity analysis, standardized work, 8-step problem solving, value stream mapping, mistake proofing, SMED, 5S-Visual Factory etc.
Experience analyzing complex end-to-end supply chains and driving process improvement
Experience applying consultative skills: ability to influence decision making, ability to interact with all levels of the business (senior leaders to shop floor working teams), project management skills (demonstrated experience in managing large teams), solid business acumen, proven team-building skills, exceptionally good listening skills, results-oriented, strong analytical skills, and prior process improvement experience.
Coaching, teaching and driving organizational capability. Proven experience in coaching and teaching others to think, behave and continuously apply lean methods and tools. Experience enabling and leveraging diverse perspectives, talents, etc. to achieve business outcomes.
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skill with experience utilizing Lean manufacturing in a cross-functional environment is preferred.
Extensive Lean application experience, deep understanding, and successful application within an overall continuous improvement-based management system.
Knowledge of Financial Management Systems and Accounting practices.
Excellent skills using IT and Digital applications to organize, analyze and represent data.
Experience in operations management, manufacturing, or related disciplines.
Secondary degree in Supply Chain or Business Administration
As a company, we are committed to ‘Inventing for Life’ in all that we do. We keep the patient at the very heart of all that we do and strive to find solutions and treatments for some of the world’s most challenging healthcare needs. We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment.
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Invent. Impact. Inspire.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:Not Specified
Shift:1st - Day
Valid Driving License:Yes
Number of Openings:1