Business Development Director - FBI ( R-00058079 )
Leidos is seeking a Business Development Director to assist in pursuing profitable growth within the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). This position will report directly to the Business Development & Strategy (BD&S) VP for Homeland Security Solutions.
The Business Development Director is responsible for leadership of creating and growing Leidos’ business within the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the overall FBI market strategy. The BD Director must thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals.
This individual will be expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal customer engagement plans, and monitor competitor activity for each capture. Candidates at this level will work with capture to develop the overall win strategy and perform the associated marketing for growth opportunities. They will develop, organize and execute significant customer activities, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing FBI customers.
The candidate is expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact with all levels of management, functional POCs, staff, and customers; and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Characteristics necessary for success include: business and technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Partners with the Operations Business Development & Strategy VP to support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline growth.
- Identifies, develops, and implements near-term and long-term business strategies that provide the business an opportunity to grow revenue.
- May have other business development activities, such as investigating and evaluating potential mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, geographic expansions, licensing, partnerships, joint ventures, new business/market opportunities and sustainability to determine if such activities are in line with the organization's overall strategy and vision.
- Continuously monitors the market to keep track of competitor developments and their impact on market share.
- Participates in business planning activities, to include biweekly pipeline reviews, bid agenda development, opportunity collaboration sessions and gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal writing and reviews.
- Monitors the pipeline, recommends BD priorities and resource allocation
- Establishes and measures progress with the Operations’ priorities and annual operating plan targets for qualified pipeline growth, win rates, submits and awards.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of the Operations’ strategy based on market research and corporate direction.
- Coordinates with Leidos organizations who perform emerging technologies in other markets. Coordinates meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Develops and supports strategic partnerships with industry leaders, driving innovation and new business opportunities.
- Represents Leidos in the industry through participation in industry-related organizations, conferences and panels.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15+ years of experience with Federal Bureau of Investigation
- 13+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or programs
- Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners
- Travel as required 10% -20% per month
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipeline
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- Experience working with FBI in counterintelligence, counterterrorism, intelligence analysis, and similar functions
- Experience with Government/DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Experience related to intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) missions and the intelligence gathering disciplines is preferred
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute