Director, Strategy & Business Development, Direct -To- Consumer (2113244)
We are the world’s learning company with more than 21,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We value diversity, equity and inclusion. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We seek to infuse diversity and inclusion in everything we do while promoting a culture where differences are embraced as strengths; opportunities are equal and accessible; consideration and respect are the norm; and all team members are supported in reaching their full potential.
Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce please click here The Power of Difference at https://plc.pearson.com/en-US/careers/diversity-equity-inclusion
Director, Strategy & Business Development, Direct -To- Consumer
Pearson's purpose is to help people make progress in their lives through learning. Our vision is to have a direct relationship with millions of lifelong learners, linking learning to the way people aspire to live and work every day. As such, we seek a Director, Strategy & Business Development for our recently created Direct-To-Consumer (DTC) business division. This role provides a compelling opportunity to be part of the team focused on growth strategies, planning and execution in the digital learning space. This is an opportunity to play a role in the team’s effort to build something transformative and at the core of Pearson’s strategic pivot toward engaging directly with consumers.
What You Will Do:
You are an experienced Strategy & BD professional with expertise creating growth plans and developing and closing external partnerships that drive multiple objectives including increased awareness, customer acquisition, and strategic value. Further, you must effectively collaborate internally – both within our broader group and with our business divisions - to identify and assess partnership opportunities aligned with the overall DTC plan. You will:
- Identify potential leads, pursue contacts, explain opportunities, arrange meetings, and become part of the internal team to evaluate deals and lead follow-ups
- Create custom pitch presentations for targeted external partnerships and internal meetings
- Work with internal cross functional team members to evaluate opportunities and be part of the execution team that sees them through
- Create basic business and financial models and liaise with our internal subject matter experts when required
- Write group strategy documents, analyses, and business plans
- Collaborate with the corporate strategy group to provide the DTC perspective on cross divisional projects
- Develop DTC business metrics & KPIs
- Communicate reports effectively both verbally and in written form including polished executive ready presentations
What You Will Bring:
- A strategic, passionate, forward thinking, results-oriented individual with exceptional discipline.
- You are a critical thinker with a mindset towards growth and you readily embrace ongoing change in consumer behaviors and technology.
- You have a high level of curiosity, resourcefulness and energy and can create clarity while incorporating multiple inputs.
- You are entrepreneurial in spirit, yet able to work in a complex corporate organization.
Your skills include:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with internal cross functional team members, within our DTC team and with external clients
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Good listening and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen
- Ability to prepare PowerPoint presentations with succinct content and aesthetically appealing imagery and templates
- Ability to use Excel to create basic financial analysis and partner with our internal finance department when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field required, MBA preferred
- 7+ years business development experience, preferably in DTC
- 4+ years in strategy consulting or internal strategy function
- Business case modeling experience with solid understanding of financial concepts
- Professional experience in the educational or learning space
- Strong familiarity and understanding of the digital learning industry
- Background and experience in data driven businesses
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Organization: Global Corporate Affairs & Marketing
Req ID: 2113244