Business Development Director (R456396)
The Director, Business Development will partner with the Shared Services and Business Unit business development teams to define, develop, and implement business development strategies.
- Research and perform in-depth market analyses to identify the most attractive sectors for Company expansion.
- Will participate in, and lead, cross-functional teams to conduct due diligence on business mergers, acquisitions and strategic alliances.
- Will lead efforts to generate required documents (ex: Capital Expenditure Requests, Indication of Interest letters, Asset Purchase Agreements, and Stock Purchase Agreements). This includes coordinating all required Legal, Tax and Finance input, as well as other functional inputs as needed.
- Will lead and coordinate activities leading up to signing and close, including critical issues calls, negotiation discussions, and obtaining additional information as required.
- Develop and maintain relationships with prospective partnership targets and investment partners.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the healthcare market including industry trends and emerging areas of opportunity.
- Develop robust business cases to inform and direct decision making. Analysis will include market assessments, commercial strategies, and financial analyses.
- Conduct due diligence to drive and support decision making by working with Stryker professionals across divisions and functional areas.
- Orchestrate transactions including directing negotiations with third parties, providing input for related agreements, and securing internal and external approvals.
Education & Training, Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in business preferred
- Ability to build relationships with a wide variety of constituents.
- Inclusive and collaborative.
- Absolute personal integrity and honesty.
- Analytical skills specifically with valuation modeling, strategic planning, intellectual property assessment and market trend analysis.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant business experience; transaction experience preferred.
- Experience in the medical device market.