Regional Business Director (Rocky Mountain) ( R-08060)
Title:Regional Business Director (Rocky Mountain)
Company:Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
The Regional Business Director (RBD) will help build Ipsen’s sales organization and will be responsible for leading his/her Region to meet or exceed all assigned goals while maintaining compliance with Ipsen’s Policies that govern field sales activity. The RBD will develop the business plan for their geography and implement national sales strategies and programs. The RBD will focus the team on delivering high impact opportunities by identifying issues and implementing customer specific approaches based upon their needs and preferences; the RBD will accomplish this by using robust analytical rigor to frame situations, establishing relationships with key customers and opinion leaders to incorporate new perspectives and ideas. Track the progress of marketing messages and programs and proactively provide feedback to the brand teams. The RBD will be accountable for building the business and market for Ipsen’s portfolio of products in his/her area over time. The RBD is accountable for assessing the current business environment and practice models in each of their accounts to develop and maintain key partnering relationships internally through a matrix team and externally with key accounts and key opinion leaders in their assigned geography to achieve short and long-term objectives, which are critical to both sales and marketing objectives. The RBD will manage his/her Sales Representatives.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead Region’s sales force activities including: recruiting, hiring, training, development, performance evaluation, and compliance to Ipsen’s corporate policies
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding the Region’s assigned sales targets and aligning field activities to the strategic initiatives of the brand
- Accountable for analyzing the Region’s business and building short and long term business plans that meet/exceed sales goals and drive sales growth
- Responsible for setting clear expectations and evaluating compliance to Ipsen’s Regulatory Standards and Promotional Policies for all members in his/her Region
- Coaching sales representatives in line with Ipsen’s sales model to drive sustained improvement in core sales competencies; this to include product as well as reimbursement/fulfillment skills sets
- Partner with members of the Value & Access team and Product Reimbursement Managers to develop appropriate business strategies that drive access to the brand and support the brand objectives
- Partner with Sales Operations to affect the data input and analysis of physician and other customer profile information to ensure appropriate resources are deployed within the district
- Responsible for allocating and managing district budget.
- Build and sustain relationships with the Region’s Key Opinion Leaders
- Establish and develop cross-functional partnerships and appropriately leverage Ipsen’s resources to achieve the Region’s business objectives
- Set clear expectations for utilization of approved promotional programs
- Communicate competitive market intelligence to brand teams and management
- Develop local opinion leader relationships to achieve aligned objectives.
- Utilizes clinical information to appropriately and effectively address customer questions
- Communicate clear and compelling messages to varied audiences; insuring that message is appropriate and compliant.
Core Competencies / Knowledge & Skill Requirements
The RBD will have between 8-10 Sales Representatives as direct reports. Supervisory responsibility includes but is not limited to recruiting and hiring talented sales staff and managing effective performance, by providing feedback, coaching and development opportunities. This position also requires proactive performance management. This position is also a very important member of the Ipsen Sales management team. The candidate will need to demonstrate appropriate leadership, communication and strategic skills, commensurate with a Director level position.
Education Experience & Training Required
- B.S./B.A. (advanced degree a plus)
- Minimum of 8 years sales experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- Minimum of 3 years of sales leadership experience in the therapeutic area
- Demonstration of strong leadership skills and a track record of delivering exceptional business results
- Proven ability to recruit, hire and retain top sales talent
- Demonstration of superior coaching skills that drive improvements in sales behaviors and staff development
- Documented experience and success in launching products
- Extensive knowledge of the payer landscape in the assigned Region and the factors that drive access and product pull through
- Experience with injectable medications and both the buy and bill and specialty pharmacy fulfillment pathways
- Possess superior presentation, organization, administrative and communication skills
- Project professional and polished impression
- Model only the highest level of professional behavior and ethics and live the Ipsen Values daily
- Familiar with trade relations, reimbursement environment, government programs, managed care, formulary and contract negotiation.
- Demonstrated understanding of therapeutic area, products and marketplace.
- Significant experience with payer or integrated health systems and key account management
- Knowledge of reimbursement environment and trends within US healthcare market
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Maintain composure and diplomacy when working under pressure, deadlines, and tenuous or ambiguous circumstances.
- Ability to tactfully handle various situations and make decisions in a professional and unbiased manner.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. conducts background screening, reference checks, and drug testing as part of its pre-employment screening process. This description is not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements for the position. This position may change or assume additional duties at any time. The employee may be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned.IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.