Director, Global Reward Business Partnering (2113818)
Director, Global Reward Business Partnering
Location: Hoboken, United States, preferred (other locations can be considered)
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Define the philosophy and strategy for total reward with the goal of maximizing employee engagement and motivation and increasing productivity through reward programs that are sustainable and affordable for the future of Pearson.
Leadership role delivering through managers and directors, with responsibility for the performance and results of the global reward business partnering team within Reward.
Applies expert knowledge of HR and total reward to attract, motivate and retain talent.
- Directs the resolution of moderately complex or unusual problems by applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Makes strategic reward decisions which impact the business and helps to influence decisions of senior leaders
- Leads through subordinate directors and managers; executes the reward plans and contributes to the development of strategy within HR
- Has a measurable long-term impact on the overall results of the HR strategy
- Identifies change initiatives and formulates strategies for effective change implementation
- Communicates objectives of total reward in order to focus the team and resources
- Negotiates both internally and externally at senior levels
- Represents reward internally and externally and maintains strong relationships with stakeholders
Global Reward Business Partner
- Reward business partnering: Partner with Pearson Executives, Managing Directors/SVPs, HR leadership, and Finance leaders to identify and address current and emerging reward issues for their specific business areas
- Lead a team of globally based Reward Managers/analysts
- Lead on Pearson efforts to create segmentation of global compensation philosophy by way of Digital compensation and Sales compensation strategies
- Provide Reward support to Corporate Strategy during deals, transactions, and post M&A integrations
- Lead the implementation of various platforms and solutions including My Total Reward platform, Sales Performance Management, and Employee Recognition
- Lead Reward effort across business functions in ensuring sales compensation plans achieve the desired business objectives while being aligned with global principles and governance
- Lead all of Reward communication, education and training to build and raise managerial capability in making effective compensation decisions
- Collaborate with VP Reward and VP Benefits on total reward principles, programs and policies to achieve appropriate consistency of delivery across the organization for all compensation and benefits programs
- Partner with legal team to ensure regulatory and statutory compliance of reward practices
- Partner with VP Reward and key strategic partners to deliver market competitive and innovative solutions to employees
- Utilise data to derive key insights and facilitate data driven decision making
Performance and Continuous Improvement
- Work with the Talent team to evolve performance management to a progressive model ensuring linkage of pay and performance that aligns to the business and HR strategy as well as reward principles with HR operations to ensure the strategy can be delivered with clear milestones and monitor progress
- Align with Talent Management and Employee Learning team on Digital Reward Strategy and skills taxonomy
- Work with the wider HR team to align reward advice with talent and performance management strategies
- Ensure all HR, manager and employee communications are fit for purpose and maximize the employee experience and support the employee value proposition
- Support improving employee engagement through total reward strategies that are affordable and sustainable
- Use internal stakeholder networks to ensure new initiatives are understood and owned by the business not by HR
Lead and manage the global reward business partnering team (currently 3 direct reports).
Knowledge and Experience
- In depth knowledge of total reward design and implementation
- Experience in designing and administering Sales Incentive Plans (SIPs) preferred
- Business acumen to support practical solutions to drive business success
- Collaborative ways of working to support the target operating model
- Knowledge of industry best practice and market trends
- Project execution to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Global mindset and ability to demonstrate international cultural agility
- Strong communication skills and ability to adapt style to suit the audience
- Able to demonstrate strong judgement, values and rational thinking
- Creating and maintaining strong internal and external relationships
- Strong understanding of the business
- Ability to work with ambiguity
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Job: HUMAN RESOURCES
Organization: Corporate Human Resources
Req ID: 2113818