Associate Director, Business Integrated Insights Lead, Oncology ( R-09162)
Title:Associate Director, Business Integrated Insights Lead, Oncology
Company:Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
The AD, Business Insights Lead, Oncology manages projects at the interface between business analytics and a specific product line’s brand team. The person in this role is expected to identify, prioritize, help execute, and present the analyses needed to make strategic decisions that improve the performance of aligned brand units. The Business Integrated Insights Lead, Oncology reports to the Head of Business Integrated Insights who interfaces with brand team leadership, sets the strategic direction for the Business Integrated Insights unit, and prioritizes workflows.
The Business Integrated Insights Lead must have in-depth experience with a variety of measurement and research methods, strategic planning, project management, data evaluation, market research, and customer insight generation. In addition, the person in this role interacts directly with project managers within the oncology franchise, supports the brand planning process, and acts as a key internal consultant to assigned teams for developing brand strategy.
Main Responsibilities and Job Expectations
· Collaborate closely with leadership of business analytics teams and franchise teams
· Define and manage scope of work and budget for all franchise insights and market research needs and requirements
· Drive business need identification, qualification, and resolution while leveraging business analytics and other data-driven resources, for example: primary and secondary market research, customer intelligence, competitive intelligence, ROI analytics and analysis of the impact of all marketing expenditures, and field force execution
· Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of leadership, creating visual displays of quantitative information
· Collaborate with and influence internal stakeholders to process and prioritize new insights and analytics requests, provide feedback on vendor performance, and review data quality assurance policies and procedures
· As appropriate, collect the forecasting inputs, elaborate on forecasting assumptions, and facilitate the forecasting process in collaboration with the Business Analytics Forecasting team
· Participate as a key thought leader of the business planning team by challenging assumptions and identifying key risks and opportunities
Knowledge, Abilities and Experience
- BA/BS is required; MBA/MS, Business Analytics or an advanced degree in a quantitative field is preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of pharmaceuticals and life sciences experience, including at least 5 years of experience in analytics, forecasting, market research, and competitive intelligence
- Significant experience in oncology is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success using research to drive insights and strategic implications that lead to business decisions
- Thorough understanding of the commercialization of biopharmaceuticals, including brand management, sales planning and execution, market access, and regulatory environments
Key Technical Competencies Required
- Ability to transition easily from technical research to practical business considerations
- Ability to anticipate internal and external business challenges and recommend process, product, or service improvements
- High degree of creativity and innovation in developing new approaches, processes, and methodologies
- Clear understanding of the changing healthcare marketplace
- Ability to effectively perform all functions in adherence with legal, compliance, and regulatory guidelines in the pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to contribute to the development of functional strategy to assist business areas in defining their information strategy
- Significant experience in leading cross functional, matrixed project teams to achieve milestones and objectives
- Ability to advise senior-level executives and coach teammates on applying listening, problem definition, problem solving, hypothesis generation, data analysis, insights generation, insight application, and presentation skills
In order to maintain a safe work environment, Ipsen requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against the Covid 19 virus at the time of employment.IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.