Business Development Director, MPO ( R-00071373 )
Do you enjoy the challenge and intrigue in finding and qualifying new business opportunities, meeting and establishing new relationships, and working with an awesome team focused on winning? If you do, come join us at Leidos!
Our Intelligence Group has a new opportunity for a Business Development Director to lead business development activities for the Maryland Procurement Office. The individual filling this position will be based out of our Columbia, Maryland office. This is an outstanding opportunity to lead a team of Business Developers focused on a single customer and to contribute to the breadth and depth of Leidos business with MPO. The role requires an ethical approach to identifying and pursuing new opportunities, comprehensive business acumen, technical understanding, resourcefulness, and outstanding business relationships. This is a new leadership position in the organization that will report to the Vice President for Business Development and Strategy.
The BD Director is directly responsible for managing a team of three business developers as well as contributing to the development and management of a robust qualified pipeline. The position requires a high degree of responsibility; significant and lasting customer affinity; outstanding communication skills; the ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize against goals and objectives; discernment to manage the pipeline against the operation, group and corporate strategy; understanding of customer gaps and underlying Leidos IP to fill gaps; and the ability to negotiate for positive outcomes. In addition, extensive industry relationships, understanding of the existing program and teaming environment, and mastery of various facets of the customer mission are critical to this position.
- This position requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years prior relevant experience or a Masters degree with 10+ years of experience.
- The ideal candidate has led individuals and teams for a minimum of 7 years.
- Excellent communications skills – demonstrated through written and oral presentations, development of technical papers, volumes, or similar products
- Possess business and technical vision
- Ability to think strategically
- Possess analytical presentation and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with online tools used by the Federal Government for solicitations
- Experience in identifying and qualifying large business development programs (>$150M Total Contract Value) with emphasis on opportunity qualification and shaping
- Proven record of success developing opportunities within the Intelligence Community (winning single award >$150M pursuits)
- Demonstrated skills in all areas of business development including: opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer visits, customer relationship development, relationship development with competitors, team leadership, etc.
- Experience in the development of and successful negotiation of teaming agreements
- Candidates must possess an active Top Secret clearance with SCI
- 10+ years leading people, teams, and programs.
- Master’s degree
- TS/SCI with current polygraph
- 15+ years’ experience working in or with MPO
- Experience with Enterprise IT, SIGINT or CYBER domain and tradecraft approaches across multiple intelligence disciplines
- Prior business development experience in the Intel Community market, particularly MPO
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish solid working relationships with technical staff, division managers, and peers across the corporation