Director of Strategy and Business Development ( R-00072886 )
Leidos is a Fortune 500 company delivering systems and solutions to customer within the civil, defense, health, and intelligence sectors. As Leidos’ Industrial Transformation Solutions division, we sit within the Civil Group a leading global infrastructure, systems, and security provider.
The Industrial Transformation Solutions division provides systems integration, innovative automation solutions and controls systems across the whole of the Automotive and General Industries market segments. We are at the forefront of developing automation solutions leveraging our expertise with Industry 4.0 disciplines including digital twin, virtual commissioning and smart factory solutions.
We are currently actively looking for an accomplished Director of Strategy and Business Development and want to hear from talented candidates who are passionate about working for a dynamic international business and share our passion and value our culture. This is a pivotal new role to drive business growth in our automation sector.
What you will be doing:
In this role, you will develop the overall strategy for growth, driving our industrial automation capabilities into new and evolving markets, managing internal and external partnerships, business plans and associated marketing in partnership with the Operation and Group. You are expected to thrive in an environment where you are responsible for the management and execution of the full Business Development life cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. You will be expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity.
You will manage a team of business development professionals and account managers in achievement of the division’s short and long-term business development goals. You will ensure that the division maintains a healthy pipeline of opportunities and executes cost-effective win strategies to achieve annual financial objectives.
Depending upon candidate home location the role will be based in either the United States or the United Kingdom. Flexibility to work remotely or from one of our many offices located across the USA or UK. Role includes regular travel to other locations within the USA, UK and potentially worldwide, therefore a valid passport and full driving license is mandatory.
What you will be doing day to day:
- Identify, develop, and implement near-term and long-term business strategies that provide the business an opportunity to grow revenue and move into new strategic markets.
- Participate in business planning activities, to include pipeline reviews, establish BD priorities, bid development, collaboration sessions and win theme and discriminator sessions, and proposal writing and reviews.
- Direct interaction with clients at a high management level, including interpersonal interaction and presentation of information and analyses.
- Develop and foster relationships with key strategic partners across automation industry
- Partner with the Division VP, Sector Managers and their teams to support overall strategic planning and aligning pursuits/capture activities to achieve the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline growth.
- Assembles and leads multi-disciplinary teams to recommend new application and product features and strategy for the strategic account or territory.
- Provide leadership to the BD personnel, distributors and representatives located in the United States and the United Kingdom and serve as a member of the Division’s leadership team.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline and eight (8) + years of prior demonstrable experience in a similar role
- A thorough understanding of electrical and mechanical automation with the ability to visualize and discuss solutions with confidence
- An established network of executive influencers in major US automotive manufacturers
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrable business and financial acumen
- Proven cost management and sales productivity experience
- A strategic mindset
- A collaborative approach with the ability to adapt and lead change courageously
In return you will receive:
- A competitive salary including performance bonus
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience across the general automation space and other market sectors
- Ability to work as part of the division senior leadership team and provide strategic direction
- The opportunity to be part of a growing global Organization