Director, Strategic Business Sales & Operations - Medium Business ( 583152-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As theDirector, Strategic Business Sales & Operations - Medium Businessyou provide expertise, vision, and the overall leadership in developing and implementing best in class, comprehensive strategic growth plans for Verizon's Medium Business. You will lead your team in the management of short and long term operational strategies and projects, provide reporting and forecasting, defining requirements, and identifying and tracking key performance KPI’s. The team will also be the primary driver in creating and facilitating a force to load model across all key roles, leveraging various tech stacks for analyzing customer data, and making recommendations to sales and marketing to achieve high customer experience goals. You bring experience leading sales and operations teams, have a solid understanding of customer needs, experiencedeveloping, creating or working with strong sales processes, with a proven track record of results in solution sales, people development, and operations experience.
As a successful leader you are also experienced with change management, professionally polished, have sound business acumen, able to lead without authority, have a breadth of quantitative and analytical skills, and excellent communication skills. You bring a demonstrable track record of achieving results, and deep experience in collaborating with a diverse set of stakeholders to get results across multiple groups and disciplines. You are comfortable working in ambiguous environments, have high energy and are assertive about taking initiatives to include being a self-starter and a passion for excellence.
What you’ll be doing…
● Drive complex growth strategies for medium business markets
● Establish mid/long term business sales initiatives/plays and priorities
● Lead segmentation strategy across medium business markets
● Create playbooks with best practices to drive the repeatable sales process
● Define, design and oversee all tests and learn trials to determine new opportunities for growth.
● Devise strategies to ensure growth of medium business marketprograms, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output and minimize costs.
● Lead sales play design with a cross-functional group (Business, Marketing, and Sales Operations)
● Develop and execute medium business market sales and retention strategies and plans to focus on customer growth and market penetration.
● Translate vision into multi-year strategic roadmap
● Drive a cross-functional execution plan for sales play creation.
● Lead the team in transforming strategy into action through execution planning.
● Foster and facilitate alignment across the business, field leadership & executives
● Cultivate and lead the strategic approach to continuously evolve sales enablement, compensation, resource planning, operations support, and tools.
● Run win room to monitor and continuously improve/refine sales plays.
● Build a strong leadership team that cultivates excellence by continually challenging old methods, taking risks to improve results, and creating a fully engaged and service-oriented sales support team.
● Hold cross-organization and cross-BU teams accountable to delivery timelines and update executive leadership to ensure the proper prioritization is given to operational and sales initiatives.
● Set goals and KPIs, and produce reporting for inspection and integration into the business market pipeline management process.
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent work experience; Master's degree preferred
- 8+ years’ experience in marketing, business analysis, and/or sales/sales operations
- 5+ years’ experience in a leadership role
- 3+ years’ experience in sales operations
- Experience either building, creating or using SAAS/digital sales tools for guided selling
- Strong analytical skills, with successful experience in securing and analyzing large volumes of data to make recommendations to achieve specific operational goals
- Proven ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment, while balancing multiple, highly complex, cross-functional projects/initiatives of varying priority
- Experience managing and building teams in a fast paced environment with a track record of motivating a team
- Excellent project management, team leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive a large, cross-functional team to consensus
- Demonstrated track record of successful leadership and employee development.
- Superior conceptual, organizational, written and oral communication, problem solving, decision making and presentation skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).